76

In the darkness of a cave off the coast, a large ship lay inside with Nadakhan's crew singing shanties on the deck.

"I'd trade all the gold that we have reaped! I'd trade all the gold that we have reaped!" They all sang, Nadakhan watching his crew with a smile on his face, but his mind was reeling over his plan for Ninjago.

"Heh, so, captain, what's next?" Flintlocke asked, "Some looting, some pillaging or all of the above?"

The entire crew laughed at the idea, but Nadakhan frowned.

"Sadly, the world has left us behind." He said, "Pirates are nothing but a distant memory."

"What are you saying captain?" Clancee asked.

"As a rightful captain, I couldn't well leave my crew marooned. But now that you are all safe, tonight, I'll return to my home realm, Djinjago."

"But you said you'd never be welcomed back there. What about your father?"

"Better to live in a world where you are hated than in a world where you are forgotten."

The crew looked at each other and Flintlocke stood up with cup in hand.

"Then I go where my captain goes." He declared, "To Djinjago!"

The crew cheered in agreement.

"We're all behind you, captain."

"T-Tell us what it's like." Clancee stuttered, "This Djinjago?"

"It is the most beautiful place you've ever seen." Nadakhan said then held up the Realm Crystal, "But why tell you, when I can show you."

He opened up a portal and the entire crew was sucked inside, transporting them to another realm glowing with the bright setting sun on the horizon. But as soon as they landed in the Realm of Djinjago, Nadakhan was surprised to see the once beautiful home he once knew crumbling all around him.

"This isn't beautiful, captain."

"So my son returns in our final hours." A voice echoed through the air. Nadakhan turned to see his father, the ruler over all Djinn hovering over his throne and looking sternly at his son.

"What plague has begotten our realm?" Nadakhan asked.

"Our sister realm has been destroyed." Nadakhan's father said.

"The Cursed Realm is no more?"

"As you know, the sixteen realms are interconnected and the balance affects us all. When one falls, another falls apart. Every action has a consequence."

"The ninja and Yang." Nadakhan growled, "Father, I now have the power to travel realms. I can save our people. I can save you."

"This is our home, son. You might have once turned your back upon it, but I never will."

"Captain, we need to leave now." The rumbling around them got even louder by the second, the Djinn realm slowly coming to an end.

Just then, Nadakhan's father lifted the sword laying by his throne and handed it to his son.

"Take the Sword of Souls." He said, shocking Nadakhan.

"But that sword is meant for-- It's meant for the king." Nadakhan gasped.

"Take it! It holds the life force of our forefathers and all its enemies that have fallen from its blade."

Nadakhan took the blade and groaned from its weight, but soon he be able to wield it in time.

"The ninja and Yang will pay for what they have done."

He swung his blade and and knocked Clancee to the ground in shock, but he also hit the lamp he was once trapped inside. Three souls came out from the lamp and were quickly sucked into the sword, transforming its color to a ghostly green.