38

The Ninja floated in the weightlessness of space within the ship. No way out. And no sense of when they would get back to Earth. Lloyd clutched tightly onto Anirei's hand, not letting her float away too far from him, while the others were aimlessly floating in different directions within the hold.

"Is this the greatest thing ever or what?" Jay asked, excitedly swimming around in zero gravity.

"Where are you?" Kai shouted, "We're trapped in space and you... Where did you go?!"

"Guys, we're in space. I thought this is stuff only Fritz Donnegan gets to enjoy."

"Fitz Donnegan is a comic book character, Elder brother!" Anirei said as she bumped into the wall of the ship with Lloyd.

"This is real, Jay!" Lloyd shouted back.

"Well, you got me hooked on the character, Lloyd. Would you lighten up and not step of my dreams of being a real Starfarer just yet?"

"Enjoy your dreams later, Elder Brother Jay. We have to find a way to take control of the ship before we reach the Golden Weapons." Anirei said.

"Yeah, if they get the Golden Weapons back to the Overlord, Ninjago doesn't stand much of a chance." Lloyd and Anirei screamed as they were pushed away by a flying Kai. Anirei could only keep her mouth shut since she knew what was going to happen once they return to Ninjago.

"But there's no access to the rest of the ship." Kai pointed out, "The only way out is through the same airlock we came in."

"And if my memory banks serve correct, space has a way of taking one's breath away, in the negative sense." Zane said. Suddenly, they heard a computer beeping near the front of the airlock. Zane floated over towards it and saw a countdown for ship lightening release.

"Enjoy while you can, Jay." He warned, "Because in five minutes, the entire ship is scheduled to lighten up. The supplemental boosters are set to detach."

"Uh, I'm a ninja, not an astronaut. What does that mean?" Kai asked.

"It means that the portion of the ship we are currently stationed will soon detach and we will be abandoned in space with it."

"Hello?" A voice statically said from the computer screen along with a flickering picture, "Kai? Anyone?"

The picture came in much clearer, revealing Nya, Garmadon, Sensei Wu and PIXAL. Everyone was happy to see their friends on the ground and replied immediately.

"We read you loud and clear." Kai announced, making everyone jump for joy and relief.

"They're alive. They're alive." They cheered.

"Good to hear you all." Sensei Wu said relieved, "We're going to help you get home safe. PIXAL was able to find the blueprints for the rocket." A picture of the blueprints appeared on the screen, "You need to escape the cargo hold before it's too late. Near the front of the ship is an A2 storage compartment. Inside are emergency spacesuits."

"That will be a doozy." Cole said, "We can't get the spacesuits unless we go outside. The problem is, we can't go outside without the spacesuits. Any other suggestions?"

"They're completely out of their element." The Ninja heard Garmadon say, though he tried so hard to keep his voice from reaching them, "Even if they get through this, what chance do we have of getting them home?"

"Uh, we can still hear you." Kai said.

"Yeah, we could really use some encouraging words right about now." Lloyd said while Anirei chuckled softly.

"If you cannot change your circumstances, change yourself." Sensei Wu said.

"Hm, can anyone else figure that one out?" Kai asked the group.