36

The Ninja, now in Borg's tower, began the process to surge up enough power to turn on his systems. Borg plugged P.I.X.A.L into the master computer to power it up, Zane giving her a kind smile as she did so.

"I think we should put the main switch over here. To keep it tucked away a little." Borg said as he wheeled over to a corner next to the controls before sparking together a couple of cables, "With a little ingenuity and a few more coaxial cables, we may be able to reboot the system with the Techno Blades and rease the Digital Overlord for good."

"I thought you said we needed the stolen hard drive to do that." Jay pointed out.

"I did. But that was before I truly understood the entire capabilities of what Zane's powers truly allow us." Borg explained.

"And what is that?" Kai asked.

"A chance to enter remotely. By the time we figure out where Lloyd and Anirei are, it'll be too late to stop the Overlord  from draining Lloyd's golden power, and the power of Light and darkness from Anirei."

"And escaping the Digiverse?" Nya added.

"Exactly. But if we digitize the Ninja and Techno Blades using my experimental technology, you could fight him on his own turf inside the Digiverse."

"What do you mean inside the Digiverse?" Jay asked.

"Argh, weren't you listening?" Cole groaned, "He's going to put us into the video game."

"I know, heh, I just wanted to hear it again." Jay chuckled in excitement.

"But Mr. Borg, if anything were to happen to them inside the program--"

"Of course." Borg cut off P.I.X.A.L, "Every step into the unknown has its dangers."

"What dangers?" Kai asked nervous like the rest of the Ninja, "What is she talking about?"

"You know how in video games you get multiple lives?" Borg questioned as Jay hopped onto one of the chairs near the largest screen.

"Yeah. Whoa." He gasped.

"It's not like that."

Suddenly, the power turned on with such a shock to everyone, that it threw Jay off the chair and onto the floor. The screen showed a digital map of New Ninjago City in perfect view.

"Presto! We're up and running!" Borg cheered.

Just then, the elevator door chimed and the doors opened, revealing the angry people of New Ninjago City.

"Ah-ha! You see? Borg is holding out on us. He does have power."

The people chattered angrily as they stormed into the room.

"Oh, this is no time for more post-apocalyptic role playing, Postman." Borg groaned in annoyance.

"This isn't just a game anymore." The postman said, "We heard about the Nindroid activity. What if they come back? We need power to defend ourselves. And I wanna catch up on my shows."

"Would you like to play a game?" The computer asked.

"They are playing a game. Take back the power!" 

The people didn't listen as the Ninja tried to get them to stop their riot, but they continued to hit the machines that were powering the room. They only stopped when the power began to ramp down and the room was filled with balls of golden light. The power turned back on and everyone began to feel the chills of power running down their spines.

"Where's all the power coming from?" Nya asked in fear.

"Golden power." Borg said, "It's already begun. The Overlord has started the transference."