Back to square one

RIMA

It ha been almost a week after sarh left and I have started writting articles again, Virat  also busy in practice mathches.Gayathri has started working in my department and Raina is also busy in practice. Rachael called me yesterday and her job is going very well. So all in all I must say things are back to square one once again.

I was tired after the whole days work and it was almost 2:15 in the afternoon. I decided to water my plants so I went out and attached the pipe and sprayed the water all over. All over my Jasmine and daffodils and tulips and money plants and basil. Then I turned towards my Rock garden where I planted small tomato saplings. I could realize two big black eyes staring at me, I knew that someone loved water so I waited for a while to get him impatient and suddenly turned and sprayed al the water on Rowdy.

He got startled and let out a joyful howl and ran around the whatever little front lawn I had. so obviously I had a lot of trouble in saving my poor and fragile tomato saplings. Rowdy shook himself vigorously sprinkling water on me. He then trailed off to bask in the sunshine near his food bowl.

I got inside my house and stood there for a while thinking what job had to be done. I was completley jobless, so I decided to read a book. I went to the kitchen and moved my eyes inside the fridge and took out my favorite cranberry juice. I kept it on the table and went to my bookshelf. A shelf made only for books unattached to the wall made out of pure Durian(type of wood). It was a gift from my grandfather. He specially ordered it knowing my craving for books and untidy nature due to which I would mostly loose my books.

I moved my fingers through the books, dracula? no I am not in a mood to read that, the theory of everything? no, the shinning? umm no, a brief history of time? uh not at all. moving my fingers through the books midnight's children,curfew night, The tempest, Hamlet, unbroken, into the wind, The golden compass etc.. I came across this book "The Darkfall". well, I never remember bringing this book but it attracted me. 

I turned the book to see the brief summary......... 

Jack Dawson is a New York Detective dealing with a variety of situations in his life. His wife Linda has recently died, and that leaves him the sole caretaker for his two children Penny and Davey. Aside from missing his wife very much, he is confronted by an especially brutal string of murders of Mafia criminals. These murders are both grisly and unearthly, seemingly done by animals, although forensics cannot determine any living creature that would simply tear a victim to pieces without actually eating anything. Finally, his partner Rebecca is a woman who does not share his approach to this crime wave. Dawson believes that there may be supernatural or magical factors in the killings, while Rebecca believes this to be absurd. Dawson's instincts are seldom wrong, and although he can't deny the initial absurdity of some kind of magic, alternative explanations are disappearing quickly. In truth these denizens are called forth from hell by a bocor (an evil sorcerer of voodoo). Because of their small size Carver Hampton came to the conclusion that these were just minor devils and the hole to hell is not yet big enough to grant access to greater demons. Though these denizens have different appearances they have similar characteristics, such as a number of very sharp claws and teeth and the eyes the color of hot silver. At the end of the novel when Jack is about to arrest Lavelle, he was surprised to see that the pit where these demons pass through has grown so big it has engulfed the shed where it is concealed. Numerous tentacles have sprouted from the pit and dragged Lavelle to hell. When Jack sees this he comes to the conclusion that this was just a mere finger of a greater evil that was about to come. When holy water doesn't stop the pit from growing, Jack uses his blood from a wound inflicted by a tentacle to stop the pit. He fears that if he fails, he will be forced to sacrifice himself into the pit. The novel ends with all the denizens turning to mud and Jack hearing Rebecca say "I love you Jack" in thin air.