Stunning

VIRAT

"Stunning" Mahi bro said as I dived to take a perfect catch.

I was already exhausted, I was practising for over 4 hours now, I loved cricket and my country and will go up to any extent to keep my country's name high.

I loved to skip the 'break' times as later it resulted in I roaming free and others practising.

Our match with England was due next Monday, five days to go. Rima was arriving in Chennai, day after tomorrow. 

"That's it for today lads" Our coach announced

We screamed like teenagers,Hi-fying each other,picking up our things,pulling each other's legs,pulling each other's legs in the literal sense also while as usual our coach sighed as he spoke to Mahi smiling

"Will they ever grow up??"

Mahi bro smiled widely nodding his head denial.

We moved towards the team bus and I dropped a message to Rima

"Hey Spring!!!Packing all done???"

I kept the phone back inside as Rohit plopped beside me, I pulled my cap over my eyes pretending to sleep.

"Your pretending to sleep won't change the fact that you are awake and when is Rima arriving?? Four days later??"

"No Day after tomorrow, Arrival at 3:56 and she'll arrive here at 7" I snapped correcting him. Holy crap!!!

"Each detail about her is known by you..vividly!!! Right Blusher boy???

I stamped his foot harsh but all in vain the twenty minute ride to the Inn was full of teasings, Rohit from beside,Raina from behind.

I freshened up and fished out my phone, surprisingly there was no reply from Rima. She must have been busy in something. 

I talked to my Mom,played a game and all different kinds of stuff to pass the time as it was heavily raining and all my team mates preferred to sleep. Still no Reply from Rima. I decided to call her. 

"The number you dialling is currently switched off,please try later"  The Voice came, my breath instantly became unsteady, her job was risky, she always was surrounded by the threats of goons and mafia and all. I was worried. I paced around the room. How bad I wanted her safe in my arms,all assured that she is secure and she is mine,only mine. Nothing can happen to her, nothing will happen I tried to calm myself. I sat on the sofa and know not when drifted off to sleep

I woke up due to a thunder, my mind drifted to Rima, still no message from her, I called her. No,she didn't pick up, the phone was unreachable now. I was getting worried,Beads of sweat trickled down my body,my feet were going numb and I was helpless.

My eyebrows furrowed,I could do nothing,or I could!!!

I called Gayathri.

No Answer, Same they were unreachable. My head kind of swirled and I sank on the chair helpless. All I could do is pray to god.

RIMA

I thought of surprising Virat so even though I was to reach Chennai on Thursday, I said to Virat that I was about to arrive on Saturday. 

I entered the airport with Gayathri and as a wired habit I switched off my phone there after informing Mr. D'costa and my giving a talk to my parents.

Due to stormy weather conditions our plane delayed.4 hours late. We both like literal wierdos moved all around the airport in search of any,IN CASE ANY conversations,happenings,meetings that we could report. Moving in and out of Book stores, Chocolate stores for Gayathri and munching on cheese burgers sipping coffees.