Narrow Escape

RIMA

I held my phone to my ears with a disgusted look as virat kept on laughing non-stop from the other side of the phone.

"Virat?? That's it I hope...you are laughing from last 10 minutes...are you under the intake of N2o???" I snap at him harshly

"You suspect me of taking drugs???" He asked in a shocked annoyed tone

"I meant are you on nitrous oxide???"

"I take no drugs"

"Did someone spray laughing gas over there??? I meant to say that!!"

"You are ridiculous for bringing chemistry in a light talk"

"Light??? Gayathri was in a shock last night and now she is giving me shocks by her screams in her sleep"

I regret saying that to him as it resulted in another five minutes of laughter.

*FLASHBACK*

I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"umm...well actually yesterday I and my friends were playing cricket and our ball got into your house... I came to take it but since your lights were off I assumed that you were out so..umm..I went away..I hope my ball didn't cause much damage to your house and c..an I just get it back???"  The little kid outside my door step spoke

"no your ball didn't cause any damage" I said with a smile and handed him the ball as he went away I collapsed onto the floor and burst out laughing. The boy turned and looked towards me and gave me a weird look

"you okay??"

"yes dude" he ran away in fright and I laughed out even more

As I stopped laughing I saw Gayathri standing beside me murmuring something

"God Rima one of those uncanny creatures have turned you into a madman haven't they"

She knelt down beside me and looked me with fright and pity. She stuck her hand out to touch my forehead and she started shivering. She retreated her hand and stood up and took a step backward. Fright was evident on her face. She gulped once or twice while I looked at her all amused.

I got up

"nooooooooooo" she screamed

"Gayathr..."

"Noooo"

Icouldn't help but to laugh. I was rolling on the floor, tears came out of my eyes, my stomach ached but my laugh didn't seem to stop.I put my hands on my mouth but that came in no use. Her eyes softened, it was filled with pity and then not my fault that my laughter increased.

She moved around me in circles staring me as I laughed at every moment of hers.

I closed my eyes and remembered the day when my parents transferred to Banglore. My laughter stopped I gathered myself and got up.

As I inched towards Gayathri she ran upstairs. I rushed behind her and she locked herself in the room.

"Gayathri"

"Get away"

"listen"

"Gat away"

"Will you stop like a pie and come out of your self declared prison?/"

This cryptic comment of mine made her belive that I was normal

"yeah??"

I told her the story and we laughed again. As we raced downstairs suddenly she asked

"I was behaving like a pie???"

"Irrational you know.."

"pie is tasty not irrational"

"not that edible pie dumbo that 2 pi r you use to find the circumference of the circle that pi!!!"

She gave me the most disgusting look ever. As she raced down I slowed my pace and as she turned I made a zombie face twisted my wrists and turned my ankles to the extend I could and walked in a wobbly way. She froze there and as I neared she fainted.

Since then she was screaming in her sleeps and Virat had called so I was explaining the whole situation to him"

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

Hearing Virat's voice always cheered me up. His laughter filled my heart with joy but today it was a height of laughing.

"Virat?? What about your practice??"

"Nah..nothing today!!!"

"I have work dude"

"So early hanging up???"

"Yes now bye" I hung up and moved towards Gayathri and shook her up. Thank goodness she was back to normal again.

_________Two Days Later_________

"Faster dude faster, faster"

"Wait Ma'am I am a human not a machine"

The new Television arrived today and the electrician was taking a lot of time in fixing the T.V. so late that we would surely miss the second innings today!!"

"Done"

"Here"I said handing him the money

We switched the T.V on and oh my gosh...167-9. Ishant and Shami on the pitch. I gulped. My eyes flickered to the scorecard down. I found my breath back. 7 runs to win from9 balls. India won.

It was a Narrow escape for India today and ditto for us as we had a narrow escape from a heart attack two days earlier.

GAYATHRI

It is getting highly dangerous for me to stay here with Rima. The things going round here are uncanny yet logical and just out of my mind. I should rather prefer to permanently settle in an mental asylum than to spend three whole moths with Rima. She is a very good friend but her pranks scare the hell outta me. She makes me jump out of y skin. Oh how I wish Raina was here.

After that narrow escape what India had Rima rushed out of the house to bring home a new movie CD. Rima is so good.

One hour later she comes and hands me the CD and I change my mind Rima is insane. It seems like she forgot what happened in the last few days and currently with all lights off, all curtains drawn at the freaking time of 1:23 a.m we are watching animal horror "ZOMBEAVERS"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys howzaaaat??? Getting good?? Now Virat's First love is cricket so I should put a little naa...Why on earth should I be so selfish?? Well Thanks for your increasing support. Well really be frank story getting a little out of tack?? Uninteresting??boring??? Please let me know views. Comment, vote, heart and recommend. And to know what happens next wait for the next episode of Heart and bat only on Wattpad..And till then keep raising your voice if you see something illegal around

-SPORTY999