Shouts and Silences

RIMA

I waited long for Virat, I somehow wanted to learn those dance steps from him. I couldn't find him anywhere. I glanced down. Virat was there roaming around. The weather in Delhi wasn't at all good. Virat was roaming without a scarf and he could catch a cold. I hurried into my room and it had started snow, covering Delhi white. I searched for a scarf and headed downstairs.

Virat stood there looking towards the sky and his back facing towards me. It was my first snow with Virat. I picked a little amount of snow, made it into a ball and threw it towards him. It hit him. He turned towards me and looked at me as if glaring, telling me to back off. But why would he? I reached him and faced him. I put the scarf around his neck and he didn't budge, he didn't speak.

Rather he pulled off the scarf and threw it to the ground. With one hand he grabbed my right biceps and yanked me towards him.His fingernails dug inside painfully.

"Why?" He whispered and I was blank. He was not angry, he was furious. He was enraged.

He gave me a shake, a sharp painful shake

"Vir...aa..at sttop..clawing me to death" He won't listen

"I never deserved what you did to me, what do you need?tell me straight, secrets about my personal life? to publish it in some newspaper? or my playing techniques? so that you can tell it to the other team for money. Maybe that is why we lost the match before"

He was accusing me of the things I had never done.

"No Virat...why on earth would I do that? I never wronged you so what makes you doubt?"

"Don't act as if you are innocent, all these months I was blindfolded by your fake innocence, in the wildest of my dreams I could never imagine, you, you ditching me. I thought you were a gem but I was wrong, you are a traitor, a person who allures people for god knows what"

"Virat listen" He yanked me away, I fell on the snow. I was scared, I was worried and I was hurt. But I was blank, I had no idea as to what was virat trying to say. I got up and ran up to him and tried to cup his cheek and look into his eyes and say I had done nothing, it was the only way could get him to believe me but he won't even allow to touch him.

I pleaded and I begged and I tried my best. the snow was falling hard and I could do nothing. He won't even look at me. My tears were constantly falling to the ground changing into ice. I ran up to him and hugged him.

"Virat listen t.."

I felt a sharp pain on my cheek. He had slapped me, right across my cheek. I had had enough. Even though I didn't want to my Tomboy reflexes were so quick that the next moment I had given a blow on virat's jaw. He seemed to be in pain. I immediately regretted what I did. I went to him and uttered a meek sorry caressing his back and trying to see his jaw line.

He shoved me aside.

"You showed me your real self Rima, you showed what kind of person are you"

"No, no Virat am sorry, I didn't mean to"

"10,9" the countdown had begun to the new year.

"Rima[7,6] you know what?[5,4,3]I hate[2,1]you[Happy New yeaaaar]"Virat said and it was so ironic. While on the background everyone was enjoying, shouting greeting to each other. Virat said to me he Hated me and I didn't know why.

With that one line he left.

I don't know what he did and why he did. All that I knew was the Cold hit me harder, the pain on my cheek were sharper, the mischievious glint in my eyes was fader and I was hollow.It was funny how the man who made you love your career, the same man makes you hate it too. I knew my life won't be smooth. I'll have to face him. He also knew that he can't get rid of me due to job but what he didn't knew was he turned me again into the old Rima. The cold Rima. The bold Rima. The heartless, loveless, emotionless Rima. All that now mattered in my life was my job and my dog and me.

The little soft corner that he made in my heart. Froze for ever today. He was nothing but a player to me now. No friend, no feelings. Nothing.

I had not given up on him still. My heart still beat for is friendship, his embrace, his care but if he hates me then I won't force him.

I felt my pockets, the paper was nowhere and then it hit me. Virat must have read it. Has been hating me ever since cause I thought we were not just friends.

I screamed at the top of my lungs. One last girlish thing ever in my life. Never again.These few months were a good dream and I will cherish them forever in my life. I will never forget Virat. He will still make me smile when I'll think of him. I will let him lead his life. He may take me as one nightmare but I will treasure the memories with him.

No denial I was half a heart without him.

The best way is to change my stream from cricket to football. I had to take my decision soon cause the girlie inside me was dying and my tomboy would never let me do so. She'll say to show himhis place which I can't. He had the power to change me and I won't hurt him.

I dropped down embracing the falling snow.

"Why God?" tears flowed and suddenly my inner tomboy sprang up.

"Rima you are a tomboy and boys don't cry"

Miraculously my tears stopped I stood up. I called up my friend to book tickets for me to be back to Mumbai the next day. I didn't care to wish anybody. Virat and I had just a professional bond with each other. I went to my room. Didn't care clearing it up. I just shoved my things inside and didn't care to get my things from Virat's room. I went straight to the Inn's office to get the tickets by fax. I knew what I was going to do was insane. I didn't even inform Gayathri I was leaving. I left for the airport even though my flight was the next day. I didn't care. Tomboys never cared then why now.

I sat on the waiting lounge. jotting down all the contacts in a notebook. Once done, I went to the wash room and snipped of the sim card into several pieces with a scissors. Not a tear left my eye. However I didn't have the guts to delete the pics of Virat and me so I decided to isolate the phone.

I stretched my legs and crossed my arms and dozed off to sleep a dreamless, peace less sleep cause how much ever hard hearted I become, it won't change the FACT that-

My first new year with Virat, my First snowfall with Virat was what I will remember forever cause it was filled with nothing but death of many foreign feelings and dark deep dead Silences.

----------------------------------------------------The End--------------------------------------------------

Author's note; Kidding, the story hasn't ended. There is lots more in store. But look at the poor state of Rima. Haww you guys didn't pray? well okay no problem maybe fate wanted it. Please guys vote, comment and let the world know about this story. Just fearing about the day Virat will notice this story. He will bury me in snow alive. And am in deep love with this story. you can call me a bragger bu its true, I love this story.

-Sporty999