Silliest Mistake

VIRAT

"No, never, she can't do this" I whined as I slammed the vase on the wall.

I loved her so much. It was so complicated. She by now would have probably spread that I had slapped her. But well she boxed me back and that did hurt. The starting of my year,if it is that bad, I worry about my coming year.

I had to get over her. her style right? don't give a DAMN about anything? Fine I won't. I got up from my bed and wiped those salty tears and walked towards the party. Making sure that no one suspects what happened between me and Rima.

As I went upstairs, my mood was far beyond off. Everyone looked so happy and I was here heartbroken.

"Virat? Gosh where have you been these hours? and where's the Tomboy?" Raina startled me from behind. All these time, Rima sure taught me many things. Never let anything in you. The first day I talked to her, that day itself she fitted it into my mind that worries are like a glass of water, if you keep holding the glass for long, the worries won't increase, your pain will, so share.

I needed a shoulder to cry on and Raina was there. I had no problem with Gayathri too.

She joined us shortly. "seen Rima? I can't even contact her."

"How should I know?" I spat angrily

"you both are best of friends right?she's always hanging out with you"

"If I said I don't know where that bloody damn girl is then I don't know where she is."

RIMA

I leaned back on the airport seat as I literally cursed myself. I had anger problems. It was something I adored cause no one could mess up with me and easily get away with it. But this time it was different. Completely, utterly, fully, wholly different.

I had snipped my sim-card in several pieces. I could have just switched my phone off, but no. Now I couldn't get calls from my office, my parents would be worried cause they can't contact me on the New year. I can't contact anyone. I got up.

Went straight to the wash room and looked into my own eyes in the mirror. It was the first time I noticed how pretty they were. All the other times there lingered a mischievous spark in it. My eyes were crystal clear and glossy due to those tears.

"Virat will not stop you from achieving your goals"

"you won't miss Virat"

"Forget Him"

"You don't deserve him, he is way too good for you"

"He was just a good dream"

"Dream"

"Daydream"

"Forget Him, for once and for all"

I chanted to myself repeatedly and with each chant the amount of tears that streamed down my cheeks increased. It felt like I was crying for the first time. I never used to cry, before Virat's arrival cause before the tears threatened to fall, a punch on the wall would do it,would solve it. After his arrival, exclusively for him I observed myself changing and now what a Drama Queen I had become.

The tears kept falling and I kept chanting "You are a Tomboy and Boys don't Cry"

With one last heavy sigh I walked out, refreshed from the outside, sore from the inside. I walked into the waiting lounge back and from my bag I picked that one book that caused all these things. The book that I had written on him. "The Champion of Champions".