Raised

You had basically adopted that kid. You found out he was given the name 'Shurui' at birth. They still don't know what he wants to be called so you and Nastu just call them 'Shu-shu'. Shoyo isn't fond of them because he feels like you only have them to replace him. You noticed Nishinoya isn't always thrilled either.

  Shurui had messy brown hair which you cut to just under his jaw so when you take them to a professional they can have some work room. He was a thin and frail child with crystal-like blue eyes which stood popped since they were rather pale.

  "Awe! They're so cute!" Sugawara looked at the children in your arms.

  Shu-shu was kind of a shy child, only really talking to you and Natsu once the weight of the previous situation set in. He had a matching necklace with Natsu since she had made a 'Y/N fan club' and it was nessicary to wear a necklace with your name on it.

  "I'm not cute, I'm scary." Shu-shu said, his cheeks flushed with pink.

  "You are kind of cute." You commented, giggling. (Jealous noya noises.)

  "Hey! You're supposed to be on my side!" Shu-shu blushed more as they whipped their head around to see you.

  "Another kid? Seriously? You adopt everything you look at." Tsukishima said, passing. You watch as your brother tried as hard as he could to not fight the blonde.

  "Tsukki, he's kinda like you as a kid." Yamaguchi smiled as the blonde blushed.

  "If anything, he's like you with those freckles." Tsukishima said, embarrassed.

  "I wish Y/N would call me cute." You heard and saw Nishinoya sulking in the corner.

  "Me too." Your brother said, thinking you couldn't hear him.

  "What was that, Shoyo?" You gave a smirk.

  "Nothing! Shut up, Y/N!" Shoyo squeeked, blushing brightly. You instantly quieted down.

~♡~!Trigger Flashback!~♡~

  You were small, your cute hairclips keeping your messy hair from your face as you wondered to get Shoyo and yourself some water. You saw your mother practically chugging a familiar liquid.

  "What's that?" You asked, interested.

  "It's nothing." Your mother wiped her mouth.

  "It's something, though."

  "It's nothing! Shut up, Y/N!" Your mother yelled, abrupted snapping and hitting the bottle against your head and breaking it.

~♡~!End!~♡~

  "Sorry." You let out a mutter. Shurui was not pleased with the interaction.

  "Why are you mean?" Shu-shu said, looking at your brother.

  "You wouldn't understand." Your brother scoffed.

  "I would if you stop being a stubborn dick." Shurui said, causing you to choke on air. This kid is twelve. He shouldn't be cursing.

  Your brother clearly wasn't fond of those words.

  "You don't know anything. You only went through a little transphobia. You think your life is so bad just because you received a little hate." Shoyo said, causing you to turn your head in surprise.

  You began tearing up. He's starting to act like mom. You hated the resemblance of the two you saw. You tightened your grip on Shurui and reached for Natsu's hand, pulling her behind you.

  "You made Y/N-chan upset!" Shurui tried defending you despite your attempts to get him to knock it off.

  "Tch, like I care."

  "Why are you being like this, big brother?" Natsu cowered behind you, giving a scared expression.

  "Because big sister is being stubborn." Shoyo blamed the situation on you.

  "You're still stuck on that? On... that! I thought you at least got your head back when you walked off that one time but god!" Kiyoko began.

  "It's fine, Kiyoko. If he acts like her, he'll get treated like her." You muttered, turning around and picking up Nastu.

  "Don't compare me to her!"

  "Then don't act like her."

  "I'm not acting like her, you little!-"

He raised a hand at you.

  You swiftly put the children on their feet and turned back around, raising you arm as you did with your mother. He halted in place, just then realizing what he thought about doing. What he almost did.

  You slowly lowered your gaurd and looked back, seeing the scared children. You grabbed their wrists and gently pulled them out of the gym.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

  You folded clothes, putting them into a box. Shurui was sitting on the floor and resting his head on your knee as Natsu was under your arm.

  "I'm so sorry." You muttered, bringing your hands up to pet the kids' heads.

  "I don't want it to happen again, please don't let it happen again." Natsu practically begged, pushing herself into your side.

  "It won't happen again, I won't let it happen." You said. "I promise. I never break my promises."

  "...I trust you, Y/N." Natsu muttered, she only called you by your actual name if it's serious.

  "I also trust you, Y/N-mom-chan." Shurui said, his voice soft.

  "I won't fail you." You pulled them into a tight hug and they didn't let go until they were asleep. "At least... I hope I won't."

(A/N: I have chosen I may or may not write side stories for after I finish the book. Hehe. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Please tell me if there's mistakes.)