A Sleeping Suspicion

"Good night, everyone. If you need anything just yell!" You called out, walking into your bedroom.

  You flicked the lights on and saw a woman sitting on your bed. She was wearing an elegant dress. Her legs and legs were crossed. She had burn scars on random patched of her skin.

  "Shut the door, sit down, shut up. Now." She commanded, giving you a glare.

  You went silent and followed the directions, you sat next to her on your bed. You watched her expression change to a sad one.

  "I'm sorry, Y/N. I... I didn't mean that."

  You looked up with confusion. This isn't the same woman you knew.

  "Mom?"

  "I'm sorry." She muttered, staring at the ground.

  "It's okay." You muttered, hesitantly.

  "No, it's not. You didn't deserve that all those years. That time in the hospital really... made me think."

  "...I'm sorry about the fire." You muttered.

  "I deserved it, don't apologize." Your mother looked back to you. "There's no excuse for what I did."

  "It's okay."

  "It's not. I wasn't a mother when you needed one."

  "...have you done anything to better yourself."

  "I've been trying to. I always get distracted to focus on doing anything."

  You took in a deep inhale and decided to do something you kinda don't want to. Your gut feeling told you to do it.

  "Can I see your phone?"

  "Yeah." She muttered, handing you her phone.

  You opened a new contact and put in your phone number. You gave her phone back and let out a sigh. "Call me when you go to rehab, therapy, anything you need until your mentally stable. I will only let you back into my life when that happens."

  Your mother teared up and pulled you into her arms. Your first thought was to escape as you harshly flinched but you hesitantly wrapped your arms around the woman aswell.

  "Thank you so much, not just for this but for everything."

  "You're welcome." You softly smiled as the two of you broke from each other.

  "Do you know where your brother is? Is Natsu with him?" Your mother asked.

  "Natsu lives with me. I don't think she can talk to you without panicking." You glanced down. "Shoyo would also probably murder you on sight."

  "That's fair. I'd deserve it." Your mother nervously laughed. "Well, I have to go."

  You both stood up and she opened your window. Right before she left. She turned around.

  "Thank you." Your mother bowed.

  You only nodded and waved goodbye as she left through the window. You stood there for a moment before you turned around.

  "Don't you say a word to anyone or I'll burn you alive." You turned around and saw Nishinoya peaking through the alnost of closed door. "You had no right to listen to that conversation."

  He instantly began stuttering, trying to find and excuse for himself. He ended up with one question.

  "What did she mean by fire?"

  "Ask Shoyo." You crossed your arms. "He helped."

  "What did you burn?" Nishinoya seemed serious.

  "Shouldn't you be going to sleep, Nishinoya-senpai?" You tried to change the topic.

  "What did you burn?" He seemed a little more stern.

  "Are you trying to scare me, pressure me?" You suddenly got defensive. "Don't act like you can scare me, you're only 5'2"."

  "I'm still taller than you!" He instantly got distracted.

  "What about my brother?" You mocked, now turning playful now that he wasn't on your case. "He told me about how you literally style your hair to look taller."

  "Hey! Are you making fun of me?!"

  "Isn't it obvious?" You snickered. "But you should worry about it tomorrow, you need to get into bed."

  Speak of the devil: he yawned. Your grand escape. You pulled him into your chest and fell backwards. He groaned and wrapped his arms around you.

  You hummed a simple melody and you watched that he fell asleep quickly. You let out a sigh of relief and sneaked away to make sure the house was secure and comfortable.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

  Nishinoya woke up and rubbed his eyes. He saw your chest on his face. Wait, it's the other way around. His head is using you as a pillow. Gah!

  His first thought was to move away but he suddenly got hyper-aware of your hand resting on his lower back and your other resting on the back of his head.

  He glanced up and saw you were actually asleep. He thought about it and decided to stay. It's not like he wanted to escape, he just didn't wanna be seen as a pervert.

  Nishinoya hesitantly wrapped his arms around you, and snuggled back into you.

  "Mom, I'm hungry." A knock on the door was heard and then the creak of the door open.

  Nishinoya's eyes widened trying not to be suspicious. He didn't wanna be seen as a creep.

  "What are you doing?" Shurui asked, disturbed.

  "I'm not doing anything!" Nishinoya blushed a cherry red, slightly panicked.

  "Is Nishi-san being a pervert?" Shurui asked, a blank expression.

  "Wha?!- No!" He tried to defend himself.

  "Auntie! Nishi-san is being weird!" Shurui called out. You groaned awake.

  "What's going on?" You lazily sat up, rubbing your eyes.

  You watched Nishinoya fall off you in pure panic. You blinked a few times.

  "What the fuck?"