Chapter 3: Meeting

Hiraku reached up to hold your hand as you walked out of the classroom together. He was smiling, and he looked up at you to talk.

   " What's high school like? "

   " It's kind of like your school right now but a little more work. "

   " Awwww, I don't want anymore work. "

   " You can't say that when you enjoy working on math problems. "

   " I enjoy it because I can find solutions. Everything else is easy because you don't have to find a solution you just have to get the answers right. In math there are multiple solutions and you need to find which one is correct. "

   " You're smart Hiraku. Much smarter than some of the other high schoolers I know. "

   " Am I? "

   " Hiraku you remember the quadratic formula. Most of the high schoolers don't even know the first part of it. And your class hasn't even looked into quadratic equations yet. "

   " I like learning. "

   " I know you do. And you'll go far because you do and you understand things better than others. "

   " Thanks, Y/n. I really like you. You're very nice and kind. The other girls like to gossip, but you seem like you don't worry about those things. "

   " I try not to. My friend Amanda likes it though, so it's hard not to hear gossip. I don't like contributing to it though. "

   " That's good. You shouldn't. "

   " Thanks for caring, Hiraku. "

Hiraku nodded and smiled up at you. You smiled down at him and walked out of the school. As you walked, you noticed a man standing out of his car and leaning against his car. He wore a suit, and his brown chocolate hair was swept neatly, and he was looking to the side. His blue eyes looked to be focused on the ground, but there was nothing there. 

   ' He must be deep in thought. '

You continued to walk out of the school, and Hiraku took notice of the man standing outside of his car.

   " Kenzou! "

The boy let go of your hand and ran towards his big brother. Kenzou's eyes went to his little brother. He crouched down, and his brother greeted him with a hug. Kenzou hugged his little brother back, and it was a cute sweet moment for you. Kenzou stood up with his little brother in his arms. He noticed you and walked in your direction. He stood in front of you with Hiraku sitting on one of his arms.

   " Hello. "

   " Hi, are you Hiraku's older brother? "

   " I am. My name is Kenzou Kiyoshi. " He said, holding one of his hands out to you.

You took his hand and shook it, not caring about the contact. But inside of Kenzou's mind, he had wished time would have stopped so he could hold your hand longer. Your skin felt soft against his, and he wanted to touch your hand again, but he had restraint.

   " Are you Y/n? "

   " Yes, how did you know that? "

   " I assumed you were the one Hiraku was talking about at home when I saw you walk out hand-in-hand. "

   " You talk about me at home Hiraku? "

   " I do! Because my brother helps me sometimes with my work. I mention how you're smart and you know what you're doing. " The little boy said, looking at you from his brother's arm.

   " Ah, I see. I'm glad I'm spoken of in a good matter. "

   " Yes, he does. Do you walk home every day? "

   " I do. I don't live far from the school so I walk. "

   " If you ever need I can give you a ride to your house. It wouldn't be any trouble to do it. "

   " Thank you. I might take you on that offer when it's raining. "

   " Anytime. "

   " I'll be going then. I'm going to relax when I get home since my work for school is done. I hope you two have a good day. "

   " The same to you, Y/n. "

You nodded and walked away from the two brothers. You walked down the sidewalk and headed towards your home. Kenzou walked back to his car and set his brother down in the backseat. Hiraku buckled himself up and watched his brother got in the driver's seat. Kenzou started driving home, and his mind was wandering off. He paid attention to the road, but his mind was focused on you. 

   " Kenzou are you okay? " Hiraku asked from the backseat. 

   " Why do you ask? "

   " You seem to be spacing out a lot more lately. Actually, since the school year has started a few days ago. You've been zoning out. " 

   " I'm fine, little munchkin. There are just some things I've been noticing that I haven't before and the world looks brighter because of it. "

   " What have you realized? "

   " I've realized that there's more to this world than just work and school. "