Chapter 24: Break up

" Are you ready to go Y/n!? " Hiraku said, smiling up at you.

   " Yeah, let's go. "

Hiraku threw his backpack on, and he held your hand. You both walked out of the classroom and towards the exit of the school. You were prepared today to quit your tutoring your job. You loved little Hiraku, but you couldn't handle Kenzou. The way he talked to you that day set you on edge, and there was always that feeling in your stomach that something wasn't right. Today, you were going to tell Kenzou that you couldn't tutor Hiraku anymore. 

   ' If he asks why, then I'll say that my own grades have been dropping. '

When you exited the school, your eyes landed on Kenzou as he stood outside of his car. Your eyes connected, and you felt your heartbeat increase from anxiety. As you got closer, you rehearsed what you would say to him. Hiraku jumped on his brother's leg and hugged his calve. Kenzou smiled down at his little brother and ran his hand through the child's hair. He took Hiraku off of his leg and set him in the backseat of the car. He turned towards you with the same smile and opened the passenger side door.

   " Um, Kenzou we need to talk. "

Kenzou's smile disappeared from his face. His face didn't hold any expression, and he shut the door to the car. The little kids had all gotten on the buses and taken off, leaving only you and Kenzou outside of the school. 

   " Is there something wrong?" He asked.

   " I just, I'm sorry but I won't be able to tutor Hiraku anymore. "

Kenzou felt his world stop and his heart in his chest crack. He found it hard to breathe, and he gathered enough air in his lungs to ask,

   " Why? "

   " My grades have been slipping and I need to focus on my classes. It's my senior year after all. I'm sorry again. "

You couldn't look him in the eyes, and you bowed your head to him a little out of reflex, and you walked away from the car. The good thing is that your home wasn't that far from the school, and you could walk home. Kenzou watched your form walk away, and the further you got, the more the color started to fade and become grey. Kenzou ran his hand through his gelled hair, and he grabbed his clothing on his chest, feeling his heartbreak with every step you took. Hiraku noticed you walking away from the car, and he looked out of the window at his brother. Hiraku got out of the car seeing his brother in pain.

   " Kenzou, are you okay? What's wrong? Where is Y/n going? " He asked his brother.

   " She. . .She won't be tutoring you anymore. Her own grades are not looking so good. "

   " Oh, well that's okay. If I have any questions I can just ask her when I'm in class. "

   ' What about me!? What am I going to do without her!? ' Kenzou screamed in his head.

   " Let's just of home, big bro. You need to relax. "

Hiraku grabbed his brother's hand and led him to the driver's side of the car. He opened the door, and Kenzou sat down in the car. Hiraku climbed back into his seat, and after a few seconds, Kenzou's breathing became regular, and he drove home. When you got home and went inside the house, your father wasn't home, and instead, there was a note on the table. You took your shoes off and picked up the note.

Hey Pumpkin! I won't be home until later. I have a doctor's appointment today, and they're going to check me physically and internally. So I won't be home until later; there are leftovers for dinner in the fridge. If you need anything, you can call Amanda or one of our neighbors. I love you! 

You set the note down and walked into your room. You threw your backpack on your bed and laid on your back. You felt pressure being released from your chest and shoulders, and you could finally relax. You took a deep breath in and then blew it out. You took your phone and called Conner to see what he was up to. Kenzou, on the other hand, was lying on his bed, starring at the ceiling, wondering what he had done wrong. 

   ' She just. . .she just doesn't realize that she's mine. That's it. . .she doesn't know how to appreciate my affection, and that boy, Conner, is plaguing her mind. He needs to go. '

Kenzou's phone began to ring, and he looked at the screen to see who was calling him. Seeing that his boss was calling him, he had to pick up. 

   " Hello? "

   " Kenzou, I'm glad you picked up. Have you heard from or seen Tracey? "

   " Ms. Farrow? No, I haven't seen her. I noticed she wasn't at work today. Is everything alright? "

   " No, it's not alright. No one can find her, and she's late on the deadline for a project I gave her. Her office door is locked so she hasn't come into work today and no one can get a hold of her through her cell phone. "

   " I haven't seen her. "

   " Okay, well if you see or hear from her tell her to call me. "

   " I will. Bye. "

Kenzou hung up and let his phone slip from his hand. He rested his arm over his eyes to block the sunlight coming in from the window. He was upset beyond belief, but he still had to get rid of the body in the basement. But that could wait until it was dark, where no one would see him drag the body into the garden to bury.