Chapter 8: The Deal

You walked through the halls of school looking for Amanda so you could eat lunch together. She wasn't in any of the classrooms that you checked, but when you finally reached the class at the end of the hall you could hear her talking to someone.

   " So, is it a deal Ms. Amanda? "

   " Yes sir! "

   " Great. I'll give you the extra assignment tomorrow morning and I need it done by the end of the day. "

   " Got it. "

   " Great, now go and enjoy your lunch. "

   " Thank you sir! "

Amanda walked out of the classroom and she was smiling brightly at you. She ran at you and jumped in the air, soaring towards you. She wrapped her arms around you and you wrapped yours around her to catch her.

   " Y/n! "

   " Hey, Amanda. What's got you so happy? "

   " You remember that deal we made? The one where you agreed that if I got above a ninety percent on all of my tests this week you would come to my party this weekend? "

   " Don't tell me-"

   " I passed all of my exams above a ninety percent range! "

   " How!? "

   " I studied constantly and worked extra long on my homework. Along with bargaining for extra credit. "

   " That's what you were doing in there!? " I asked pointing to the classroom she emerged from. "

   " Yup! And now you have to come to my party tomorrow night. "

   " I need proof. Let me see! "

Amanda brought her backpack to her front and started searching for the test papers. When she found all of them she handed them to you and you looked through each and every one of them, making sure your eyes weren't deceiving you. She had made above a ninety percent on all of her tests. You handed the papers back to her and leaned against the lockers on the wall. 

   " How in the world. . .I didn't expect you to. . ."

   " Ha! Now, tomorrow come to my house early so I can give you something to wear. "

   " I might have something at my place. "

   " I doubt you do. I'll see you later! " Amanda shouted running away from me as the lunch bell had rung telling everyone to get to class. 

I shook my head and walked back to class thinking about how I regretted my smartmouth decision. Inside of Mercurial Corps. many rooms Kenzou, Tracey, and Enid were working on their discussion and presentation for Friday.

   " And that's all I have on the slides. What do you guys think? " Tracey asked stepping away from the screen that displayed her PowerPoint. 

   " I think it's perfect, Tracey. " Enid said clapping her hands together.

   " I agree, it's a good presentation, Ms. Farrow. " Kenzou said looking down at his papers.

   " Thank you, and you don't have to keep using my last name Kenzou. We're all friends and co-workers. " Tracey said sitting down beside him.

   " I simply call you by your last name out of respect Ms. Farrow. I only like to use first names if they are family. I apologize if my habit seems rude to you. "

   " Oh, don't apologize. I understand what you mean. Hopefully, I can become that close with you and you can call me by my first name. "

   ' Is she insinuating what I think she is? ' Kenzou said looking at her from the corner of his eyes.

   " Those matters are for a different time, Ms. Farrow. We are at work at the moment. We should focus on that. "

   " Right! " She said with a smile and cheerful tone.

   " Everything looks great, so let's go back to our separate offices and work on the other things Mr. Gramm has given us. Have a good day Ms. Farrow and Mrs. Robertson. " Kenzou said smiling at them and standing from his chair.

   " You too Kenzou. " Edin said waving at him.

   " Bye, Kenzou! " Tracey said standing and waving.

Kenzou nodded and left the small conference room and he walked to his own. As soon as he went inside his office he set his papers on his desk and closed the blinds on the window. As soon as the blinds were closed he dropped the smile and he was frowning. 

   ' 'Hopefully, I can become that close with you and you can call me by my first name.' You won't be getting that close to me. '

Kenzou shook his head, but the thought didn't leave his head. Tracey's words rang in his head and he didn't like hearing her cheerful tone use those words. He sat at his desk and pulled his wallet out of the drawer. He opened his wallet and pulled out a picture that he had kept in his wallet. When he pulled the picture out a smile made its way to his face and his world lit up a little around him.

   ' I'm glad I found this. '

He smiled at your yearbook picture that he printed last week. Seeing your picture made him calm and he relaxed a little.

( Flashback )

  " It is sometimes but I have a little trick that will calm me down when I'm stressed. It's something I've discovered recently that calms me down. "

   " Well, I'm glad you have something like that. It's not good for the human body to be strained or stressed out so much. "

( Flashback Over )

   ' You keep me so calm, I wish you could be with me more. '