Chapter 39: Making A Getaway

Kenzou was gone today. He had to go to work since he missed work yesterday to take care of you. But he did lock the door with the key around his neck. You were feeling better, but you were still sniffly. 

   " Well, I've always wanted to learn to lock pick. Now I can learn and be cool. "

You stood up from the bed and walked into the bathroom attached to the master bedroom. Inside the bathroom, there was a large circular tub that looked deep. There was a massive sink with a big mirror above it. On the opposite wall, there were some shelves with boxes of stuff stacked on top of them. You started to look through the boxes and containers and found a screwdriver. You took it and started looking for a pin. When you found one, you walked back to the door, and crouched by the lock, and began to try and pick it. At first, you had trouble, but you unlocked the lock. Finally, the door opened, and You stepped out of the room. 

   ' I need to get a map first, and then I'll leave. '

You walked down the stairs and went to the library. You threw the doors opened and walked into the library, and started looking through the books. You weren't finding anything, and you had wasted a lot of time to find a map, but there was nothing in the library.

   " There has to be a map somewhere. "

You pulled the next book out of the shelf, but when you pulled it out, something fell out beside it and hit the floor at your feet. You crouched and picked up what fell, but you realized it was just what you were looking for. You ran to the desk in the room and opened the map, seeing red marks on the map from Kenzou. There were notes on the side of the map, and there was a small town that was circled.

   " Okay, so we are two districts over. It's going to take me a while to get back home. There looked like there's a motel on the way, if I leave now I can get there before night comes. "

You folded the map back up and went upstairs to take some more money in the false book stacked with real books. You took about two hundred dollars before slipping the ring on your finger off, and you went back downstairs and opened the door. You stepped outside, feeling the wind blow against your hair and face. All you had on your feet were socks, you didn't have any shoes, and you were wearing warm, comfortable clothes. The map was held in your hand while you slipped the cash into your pocket. You looked for Kenzou's car, but you didn't see it.

   ' I need to escape now. I only have three hours before Kenzou gets off of work. I need to get as far away as possible. '

You stepped away from the house and onto the side of the road. You had to go through town to get towards home, and once you get out of town, you can get to the motel. You started to walk, and you made it into town. You passed a couple of convenience stores, and everyone seemed friendly. 

   " Oh! Oh come on! "

You turned around and saw a man standing at his truck, but his brown bags had ripped at the bottom, and the food spilled out through the bottom. It was mainly a lot of fruits wrapped in individual plastic bags and wrapped vegetables. His other brown bag hadn't ripped, and he set it in the truck. You walked over and started to help pick up some of the fruits and vegetables that had fallen.

   " Oh, you don't have to help me miss. . ."

   " Y/n. "

   " Y/n, you don't have to help me, I've got it. "

   " I don't mind. "

You picked up the rest of the fallen food and handed the food over to him. The man was wearing formal clothes, and his blonde hair was gelled back. He wore a black suit with a white undershirt and a black tie. He looked like he had been at a wedding.

   " Thank you so much. I'm Celestino Christelle. "

He held out his hand to me, and I shook his hand.

   " As you know I'm Y/n. "

   " If you don't mind me asking, where are your shoes? "

   " Ummm, well, you see I'm sort of in a situation. . ."

   " Hu-"

   " There he is! Get him! "

You looked behind Celestino and saw a woman in a wedding dress running towards you. She looked furious, and she was gripping her bouquet tightly in her hands.

   " Oh, no! "

Celestino ran to the other side of his truck and jumped in the driver's seat.

   " Jump in! Well talk as I drive! "

You got in the truck and slammed the door shut as soon as the bride ran to the side and started banging her hands against your mirrors.

   " Who's this!? Were you cheating on me, and that's why you won't marry me! Celestino Christelle, you answer me right now god damn it! "

Celestino slammed his foot on the gas and sped away from the bride. She continued to scream as he drove away.

   " Left the bride at the alter? " You asked the blonde.

   " Not exactly. Umm, there's a motel along the way, we'll get there in a couple of hours. How about we stay there and I can explain everything to you, and you can explain to me why you don't have shoes and you look a little sickly. "

   " How do I know you won't try anything? Like killing me? "

   " I just met you, I have no reason to do anything. "

   " Then why talk to me about leaving the bride, and not marrying her? "

   " It wouldn't be a good first impression if you thought I left the bride at the alter, now would it? " He asked, smiling over at you with his blue eyes wide.