Chapter 13: Perhaps a Date

The wind blew through your hair, and it made you shiver a little bit. However, the moon was bright out, and the autumn leaves that blew by were beautiful. 

   ' Where is he? It's starting to get cold. '

You pulled out your phone to message Conner, but you stopped when you noticed a car driving towards your house. You slipped your phone back into your pocket when the car stopped in front of your driveway, still on the road, and Conner stepped out.

   " Hey! "

   " You're late, Dumb Dumb. " You said, walking up to the car.

   " Sorry, I was checking to make sure I had everything. "

   " All you need is your keys, and wallet. What more? "

   " Some other things. "

You rolled your eyes at him and attempted to get in the car, but he locked it. Then, you looked up at him, questioning what he was doing. 

   " Just be patient. Let me get away from my car door first. "

Conner left his side of the car and jogged to yours. He unlocked the car and opened your door for you. He gestured for you to get in the car, and you showed him a small smile.

   " Thanks. What a gentleman. "

   " Tell me about it. "

   " I'd rather not. "

You got in the car, and he shut the door behind him. He jogged to his door and got in his seat. He turned the car on and started to drive away from your house. The heaters were on, and you started to warm up quickly.

   " Thanks for driving me. "

   " Not a problem. Thanks for riding with me. If you didn't ask I was going to. "

   " I'm glad Amanda invited me to go with you and your friends. I had nothing to do this weekend. "

   " I'm glad we could provide you with something. Gabe said he always loved coming to the fall festival that's in town. He talked about it so much I'm excited to get there and look around. "

   " Yeah? Well, they have a lot of booths filled with food, stuff to buy, and games. "

   " I'm gonna win all of the games. "

   " I doubt that. "

   " Is that a challenge? "

   " It is. I bet you can't win all of the games in two tries or less. "

   " I bet I can. "

   " What are we going to bet on? "

   " I say that we decide to do whatever the loser wants when the bet is over. Of course nothing sexual just something funny or something like that. "

   " Deal. I can't wait for you to lose. I'm gonna make you buy my dinner. "

   " Buy your dinner? Is that really all? "

   " Food is the love of my life. It's the one thing I can never fall out of love with. Plus at the fall festival, the food is delicious. It's all made there so it's fresh. It's also a little pricey. "

   " I'll decide what I want later, for now I'm just thinking about the sweet taste of victory. "

The air around you was filled with jokes, and you were enjoying your time in his car as he drove to the festival. When you could see the orange and yellow lights ahead of you, your eyes widened and a smile formed on your lips. You were getting closer and closer to the festival, and it was exciting. You spotted Amanda's car and told Conner to park somewhere around hers. He said he was planning to when he saw Gabe's car. He parked, and when you got out of the car, you pulled out your phone and called Amanda.