16

"Good morning love birds," Hugo's voice woke Liam and Anna from their place on the day bed. 

"Hey," the girl mumbled as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. 

"How did ya sleep?" Hugo perched at the bottom of the day bed. 

"Actually alright," Anna remarked as she grabbed her water. "Liam was snoring up a storm so I assume he slept well."

"Oi," he pinched her side as she giggled. 

"I think I was wiped out last night so it was easy for me to get to sleep," Anna laced her fingers with Liam's on her thigh. 

"Yeah last night was mental," Hugo frowned. 

"But our boy Hugo is no longer in a friendship couple!" Liam hyped the blushing boy up. 

"The love island gods have finally smiled upon Mr. Hammond," Anna grinned.

"Did you guys have some good chats last night?" Anna asked.

 "Yeah, more just get to know you chats you know, she seems very lovely."

"Did you have a little spoon?" Anna grinned cheekily

"Maybe, maybe," Hugo laughed, Liam and Anna leaving their make shift bed when they saw others come out of the villa. Anna made her way through the bedroom, feeling eyes on her as she headed towards the dressing room. 

"What the hell happened last night?" Faye asked Anna as she was brushing through her hair. 

"So Liam and I were talking and Danny tried to pull me for a chat but I had literally been on the brink of an anxiety attack so Liam was like give her a minute and Danny just kicked off. And then he made some comments and Liam got mad and thats when Hugo and Teddy came over."

"I just still don't get Danny choosing you," Liberty commented. "I don't think I've seen you guys speak since the date?"

"Exactly," she huffed. "He didn't give me any indication he thought I was one of his choices, and if he did I would have shut it down. And that was the even worse part is he never even came to Liam to be like 'im considering picking her' so it was a true blindside."

"What a knobhead," Faye huffed. "How was sleeping outside?"

"It was fine," Anna blushed as she stood to grab a swim suit. 

"Nuh uh!" Kaz cackled. "I saw that flush girl, spill!"

"Let's just say it got heated and leave It at that."

*

The girls headed to the kitchen and ate some breakfast before AJ's phone rang

The girls headed to the kitchen and ate some breakfast before AJ's phone rang. "Islanders, get ready to serve up some serious 'catitude' in todays challenge." The other girls were buzzing as they got into their costumes, but Anna was dreading it. 

During the challenge, she laughed along with her friends. She cackled when Lucinda and Liam high fived at the end of their turn. 

"That is my girl and boy right there," she laughed in the beach hut

When it came to her and Danny's turn, she put in the least amount of effort. Even when she untied him from the mouse trap at the end, she offered him a head pat before heading back to the line of girls.

"I am not going to lie, Anna was kind of savage there," Jake laughed in the beach hut.

The islanders returned to the villa and got ready for that night. Anna poured herself a heavy drink before she heard someone join her in the kitchen. 

"Can I have a word?" Danny asked as she looked at the girl who was staring at him unimpressed. 

"You may," she waited sassily. 

"So obviously last night got a bit out of hand. I just think that I had to do what I wanted and-"

"I am going to stop you there," she held her hand up. "That is the problem, all you were thinking about was you. You never asked me how I felt about getting to know you let alone coupling up. You didn't do the respectful thing and let Liam know you were going to choose his partner. And then you had the audacity to act like we did something wrong?"

"Listen, all I was saying last night is that you and Liam have only been together for like a week and you should keep your options open."

"Ok but that is Liam and I's decision. I never told you I was keeping my options open. Liam and I are still a couple, you choosing me hasn't changed that."

"What ever," the boy rolled his eyes. "It's clear you won't listen to reason-"

"No!" She basically shouted. "You aren't listening. Again I am going to make it extremely clear. I do not like you romantically. I do not find you attractive. I did not want to couple up with you. Done, end of story."

At that point she stalked off to where Faye, Kaz and Liberty were sitting. "That boy has no fucking brains," she fumed as she sat down. 

"What happened?" the girls asked. 

"Basically I think he envisions me like falling in love with him? And giving it a go and I'm like mate, maybe if I had any interest in you sure, but I don't. So I had to basically yell it at him."

"I am not the kind of person to try and make people feel bad for who they like," Anna ranted. "But this boy has shown he doesn't know when to stop and I don't have any delusions that he will."

"Y'alright?" Teddy asked as Anna made her way over to where he was sitting with Jake, Aaron and Liam. 

"Yeah, just had another go at Danny," she rolled her eyes and sat down next to Liam who was looking at her in concern. "The boy still doesn't understand what I am saying to him."

"Enough about that though, what's going on over here," Anna looked at Aaron who was grinning. 

"I've told Lucinda that I like her," Anna beamed at him. 

"How dare you take my girl like that mate," Liam shook his head as the group laughed. They were interupted by Anna's phone ringing. 

"Islanders, tonight the hideaway is open, please pick one couple to enjoy."

The group decided on Toby and Chloe. As the islanders saw the couple off, Liam and Anna got dressed and headed back to the day bed for another night. "I really hope there is a reoupling soon," Anna mused as Liam pulled her into his chest. 

"There will be darling," he hummed. "Goodnight."