62

"Love Island nation," Laura Whitmore greeted. "Welcome to our 2021 Finale! Say hello to your finalist, Teddy and Faye, Kaz and Tyler, Chloe and Toby, and Anna and Liam!"

Anna waved from the couch the four couples were sat on with Laura, shocked by the small audience that had been allowed in the villa

Anna waved from the couch the four couples were sat on with Laura, shocked by the small audience that had been allowed in the villa. Laura started off with Chloe and Toby, asking them about their time in the villa. Making her way around the circle, she came to Anna and Liam last. 

"Anna and Liam! It seems the two of you have lived up to the shows name. You came in here and found love. How does that feel?"

"A bit surreal I think," Anna started. "Like you see people obviously fall in love on the show, but when it's you, I think you're a bit in denial that it will work. So to be sitting here, yeah it's just a bit unreal."

"It must be a dream come true Liam?" the blonde turned her attention the brunette. 

"Yeah I mean, same thing Anna's said, you come on Love Island for love but you aren't really that sure it will happen until it does. And we were lucky that it did happen and that we feel the way we do." The audience made noise at his cute answer. 

The couples then all sat back and watched as a video played showing all the big moments from day one until now. Anna laughed as she saw herself come in with Lucinda and clips from her and Liam's first date. They watched Anna's fight with Danny,Casa Amor, both Liberty and Jake and Anna and Liam becoming couples. They then watched Lib and Jake break up and go home, and the other final dates, before ending with their toast from the night before. 

"Wow," Anna commented as she stood from her seat to head over for the final reveal. 

"After eight weeks of ups and downs, the votes are now in," Laura looked down at her cards. "I can now reveal that the couple in fourth place is,

Kaz and Tyler!" 

Anna clapped her hands, hooting as the couple made their way to sit with Laura and talking through their journey. Laura spent a few minutes with them before standing to return to the other couples. 

"The couple in third place this year is,

Faye and Teddy!"

Anna clapped loudly with a grin as she watched her friends kiss before heading over to the seated area. As the couple talked with Laura, Anna and Liam moved closer to Chloe and Toby, the two girls reaching out to hold hands with a smile. Chloe and Toby joined Laura next, before it was Anna and Liam's turn.

"Oh guys," Laura sighed as she sat down. "You've found love, you're in the final two. How do you feel?"

"Speaking for myself, the final two part doesn't really matter," everyone laughed at Anna's blunt comment. "For me, the goal was finding love and finding a partner. And I've found that, so I know I've said it before but for me I've already won."

"She's a sop," Liam joked as Laura looked to him. "but yeah. You come in here really just ready to see where the journey takes you. And I'm just lucky mine led me to her." 

"How was your time in the villa before Anna came in Liam," Laura asked. 

"Yeah, was coupled up with Faye, and we got on. And then Anna came in, and it was basically game over. I was shot."

"And Anna, when you arrived you chose Liam for a date. What made you do that?"

"I think we definitely had an initial spark, and then from the little I learnt about him at first it just made me want to know him more," Anna looked up at him with a smile. "He's also absolutely fit so." The audience burst into laughter.

"Now how about Casa Amor, were either of you nervous?" Laura asked them.

"I think yes for sure," Liam nodded in agreement with Anna. "That situation is just a total mind mess, and no matter how secure you feel, when you know theres temptation literally to try to turn heads, its really hard to deal with."

"Did you guys feel confident in your relationship at that time?" 

"Yes and no," Liam answered. "Because when we were together it was really solid. But like Anna said, Casa is meant to turn relationships, and you don't know whats happening. So I think its really natural to have doubts, but it matters how you handle it."

"Very good answer Liam," Laura nodded. "And we all saw you stay true to yourself and to Anna. But after Casa, there was some drama still."

"At the end of the day, it was all a game for her," Liam shrugged. "I knew what had happened, and even when she told Anna about what she was feeling based on what happened in Casa, Anna saw right through it. I definitely think it was a good test for both of us that situation."

"And then there you were, a little while later, boyfriend and girlfriend and dropping the L bomb," Laura raised her brows. 

"Yeah, it just all felt right," Anna grinned. "Like we felt confident with where we were at, and in the villa things move so much quicker than in the outside. But I wouldn't change it, it was all perfect."

"So what is next for the two of you?"

"Head to Wales," Liam laughed. "Make sure our nans meet. And just spend some time with our familes and learn how to do life together outside of the villa."

Laura thanked the couple before sending them back to stand next to Chloe and Toby, the girls holding hands again as Laura was handed and envelope. "Everyone, after eight long weeks, and so many amazing couples, I can now reveal the winners of Love Island 2021. Our winning couple is,

Anna and Liam!"

Gifs would be on twitter for weeks of Anna shouting 'what the fuck' with wide eyes as Liam threw his head back in laughter. 

The two hugged quickly, sharing a quick kiss as they laughed before turning to hug Chloe and Toby. "You deserve this babe," Chloe whispered to the girl, the two laughing as they pulled away and Laura grabbed Anna and Liam. 

"Ok you two, now comes the money," she handed each of them an envelope. "One of you has an envelope with 50,000 pounds in it. The other, nothing. The one who has the money get's to choose whether to keep it all, or split it. Anna you start."

The brunette blinked at Liam before sliding open the flap of her envelope, showing the contents of the envelope. 

"And Anna is the money winner this year!" Laura and the audience cheered. "Now Anna, will you be keeping that money to yourself?"

"As much as I want to keep it all and adopt a ton of dogs," Anna sighed in faux saddness. "I will be sharing it."

Laura clapped with a laugh as Anna crossed over to give Liam a hug and a kiss. 

"Viewers, thank you for joining us. And congrats to our winners of Love Island 2021!" At Laura's parting words, Liam dipped Anna back for another kiss as the audience and their friends screamed in happiness.