[GN] Jinsoul (LOONA) - Wouldn't That Be Crazy?

Inspired by writing-prompt-s on Tumblr
Gender neutral
Is this fluff? I don't even know.

___

Summer is a blessing to some, while it is a curse to others. Summer meant school was out, the cold of winter was swept away, and sunny days were upon us. But summer also meant the beginning of killer heat, feeling sweaty 24/7, and insects were out and about after months of being inactive.

For you and Jinsoul, the two of you fell in the second camp. The hot weather was unbearable, but summer was inevitable and both of you knew it.

"Ughhhhhhhhh..." Jinsoul's voice rang through the quiet confines of the apartment the two of you shared. Once high school was over, you and Jinsoul moved to a small apartment fit for two in downtown Seoul for university and as exciting as it was, the summer heat was only amplified in the busy city. It also didn't help that the air conditioner in the apartment decided it was the perfect time to break. "(y/n)... ice cream..."

You sluggishly made your way into the living room where you found your girlfriend lying on the hardwood floors, facing up towards the ceiling and spread out like a starfish. Sweat was beading on her face as she struggled with the heat. Seeing as it seemed like it was cooler on the floor than your bed, you found yourself doing the same.

"Ice cream..." Jinsoul muttered as she saw you from the corner of her eye you lying down beside her.

"You're closer to the fridge though."

Defeated and not wanting to waste the little energy she had, Jinsoul resigned to her ice cream-less fate.

There was only the sound of cars outside of the windows that were present as the two of you remained on the floor for hours on end, not wanting to do anything in fear of sweating more than you already were. "Less movement equals less heat" was the motto here.

"Imagine if we could just remove summer from the year." Jinsoul eventually broke the silence as she rolled over to her side to look at you. "Like if the year could just be spring, fall, and winter."

"But how would that work. Farmers need summers to grow crops and if there's no summer, than food shortages would be an issue."

"Maybe like if we could time travel and just skip summer. Then we could skip the heat while farmers and whatnot could still grow food." 

"But your birthday is in June. Then we'd miss your birthday."

Jinsoul thought for a moment. "Or maybe instead of changing the world, we just change ourselves. Like what if we could photosynthesize and then summers would be helpful for us too? Then we wouldn't miss my birthday and summers wouldn't completely suck."

"That'll save us a lot of money on food, that's for sure."

Now that Jinsoul was thinking, you knew there was no stopping her. She was a creative mind and once the idea was in her head, she could talk for hours on end about ideas and thoughts that would come up in her amazing and beautiful mind. You didn't mind though. It was better than sitting in a muggy room in silence.

"What if your parents were a minotaur and a mermaid and you were born with the lower half of a minotaur and the top half of a mermaid."

The thought made you chuckle. "Yeah. Wouldn't that be weird. But what if it was backwards and you got the top of a minotaur and a lower half of a mermaid."

"So you'd have a ox's head and a fish body?"

"Mhm."

"I think I'd still love you."

"You're so cheesy."

"But you love it."

___

The conversation went on for a while, touching on being a part of royalty in foreign countries, time travel, and so on. The summer heat was definitely getting to both of your heads and it might've caused a bit of delirium, but it was fun nonetheless.