[GN] Yeji (ITZY) - Six Easy Steps, Forwards and Back Again

Inspired by writing-prompt-s on tumblr and The Script's "Six Degrees of Separation"
Gender-neutral
A sprinkle of fluff and a heavy dosage of angst
Requested by Angshit

Warnings: weird layout/concept/format so it might not make sense

___

1. When she walked passed you, she smiled like how any stranger would.

The calculated movement of her lips showed kindness but not familiarity. 

This includes:
- The corners of her lips curled just slightly to greet someone but not make conversation.
- The slightest gap between her lips showed her teeth, but not enough to show joy or happiness.
- The width of her smile wasn't stretched, preventing any signs of interest.

It was a courteous smile, but one you wouldn't forget.

Days later, you met her in a coffee shop. She was a little further up the line, but you recognized her. That smile was ingrained into your mind and you wouldn't have forgotten who had looked at you the way she did.

The two of you waited for your coffees to be finished side by side. There weren't any words exchanged, but she gave you that smile again. It was the same polite smile people would encounter every day. But for some reason, it was only hers that would never leave your mind.

Entering that coffee shop at 9 AM had become a part of your schedule. The coffee there was good, but the main reason you frequented that spot was for her. She was there like clockwork, ordering the same thing with the same tone. She would stand in the same place to wait for her coffee and would always lean on her right leg when she started to get tired of standing. When hen you would stand beside her to wait for your own coffee, she'd give you the same smile. It was minor, but it was intoxicating.

"A coffee for (y/n)"

That phrase always marked the end of the two of you standing idly beside each other, though she never left your mind.

You were simply drawn to her.

___

2. Break the ice.

It was like any other day, but there was a sense of anticipation when you stepped out of the door. You did your usual routine.

This includes:
- Waking up
- Taking a shower
- Getting changed
- Spending a little too much time on Twitter
- Going to the coffee shop

When you ordered your morning dose of caffeine, you slid into your usual spot to wait; beside her usual waiting spot. What was different than usual was her speaking. The smile was the same, but her voice was a pleasant change.

"Hey."

That's all she had to say.

A conversation started between the two of you that continued far after the coffee shop.

You learned her name was Yeji. You got her phone number. You learned of where she worked. You also got her address not too long after.

Yeji had quickly become an acquaintance and even quicker, she became a good friend. The two of you would talk deep into the night and until the sun came up even if you had work early in the morning. She was quickly becoming one of the most important things in your life.

Things were moving along smoothly.

___

3. Pace is key.

While there is no perfect pace in a relationship, the extremes may yield negative outcomes.

This includes:
- A relationship too slow causes stagnation.
- A relationship too fast causes friction.