[MR] Kazuha (LE SSERAFIM) - Forever and Always, Once Step Behind

Inspired by Apink's "So Long" and K-drama "Run On"
Male Reader
Angst
Requested by ssamugatoo

___

From very early on, Kazuha was there.

The two of you were like two peas in a pod. You two were inseparable. Where ever she went, you followed. No matter where she went, you wouldn't be too far behind.

If she got into ballet, you got into dancing as well.

If she won a competition, you would strive to do the same.

If she wanted to train dance abroad, you worked harder to get the same opportunity.

That was how your dynamic was with Kazuha. She would always go and do big things and you would try your hardest to keep up. She was a star and you were just trying to reach her.

It all started in pre-school when the two of you were paired up for some playground games. Things like tag, hide and seek, and whatnot. While you didn't want to admit it, she was significantly faster than you. She'd run ahead of you and you'd gas out hoping you could catch up.

When the day ended, Kazuha was there, waiting for you with her hand stretched out.

"Wanna be friends?"

To you, it was a no-brainer. It was more surprising that she wanted to be friends with you, especially since she left you in the dust while running and you were more like dead weight than a helpful teammate throughout the day.

Still, she wanted to be friends. 

And you were willing to be there for her.

___

Once the two of you entered elementary school, you and Kazuha were best friends.

This was also around the time she started ballet and you started contemporary dance. When she had started ballet, you were one of the first to know. There was a sparkle in her eyes you hadn't seen before whenever she spoke about dancing that you couldn't forget.

"It's so elegant! I love it!" Kazuha shouted excitedly during recess one day. "It's like being a princess!"

You, on the other hand, were too busy being captivated by her eyes that you weren't paying too much attention to what she was saying. Instead, you just nodded along.

"You should do it too! It's fun!" There wasn't much to go off of, but there wasn't much need for convincing. If Kazuha liked it, you would too. That was the unspoken rule between the two of you, though you were the only one following it.

"I'm not a princess! I'm a boy!"

"Then you can be a prince!" She childishly shouted out. "I'll be a princess and you'll be my prince!"

Even your elementary school brain could see the implications of becoming prince and princess and it made you blush. If the two of you were prince and princess, that would mean you'd never have to leave her side. That thought alone was enough to convince you. "Yeah, sounds fun!"

Your parents were against it at first, but with thorough convincing from both you and Kazuha, you were enrolled in contemporary dance. You initially wanted to get into ballet like Kazuha had, but you were convinced by your parents that you should go into contemporary dance instead since it was a more modern style. Seeing as the dance studio you were going to be practicing at was the same as Kazuha's, you didn't mind it.

The classes went by and you enjoyed your time dancing, even if it wasn't alongside Kazuha. You knew how much she loved dancing and, while you couldn't admit it, that was why you enjoyed it too.