[FR] Irene (Red Velvet) - Come Back To Me

Inspired by Utada Hikaru's "Come Back To Me"
Female reader
Angst and fluff
Requested by AnnaMyoui

warnings: cheating

___

That day started like any other day. You had made breakfast for yourself and your girlfriend early in the morning before she had woken up. It was far too early for you to get up to work, but you wanted Irene to have a good meal before her busy day. Once she was out of the door, you got yourself ready to tackle the day ahead of you. You got your dose of caffeine, got some food in your stomach, and got on with your day. Work was rather uneventful. The usual goings of upcoming deadlines had taken up most of your time and your mind.

But things took a turn when your co-worker suggested a bit of an unwinding session with some others. Since there wasn't anything else to do, you had gone along with it. Before you left the workplace though, you sent Irene a text saying you were going to be home late, though you would probably be home before she would still.

The restaurant was a short walk away. It was new, fancy, and nothing you had expected. The building itself was rather worn after years of businesses going through it, but the inside was cleaned up nicely. From as far as you could remember, it was last used by some shady sushi restaurant. Nevertheless, you and your co-workers settled down in your seats and chatted over some food. 

All was going well until dinner was over. The group went their separate ways after getting back to the workplace where your cars were parked. You hopped into your vehicle and made your way back home. Traffic at night was suprisingly minimal, seeing as you were working in the heart of downtown and staring down a red light, you thought of Irene. Maybe she was still stuck in the office and needed a little pick me up. After all, she had seemed rather stressed lately.

So reaching over to your phone that sat on the passenger seat, you called her. A few rings went by and you sat idly while staring at the harsh red light that seemed to stay on for ages. Impatiently tapping against the steering wheel, you glanced out of your window and spotted a familar figure.

With her beautiful black hair cascading down her shoulders, Irene sat alone in a cafe. As much as you wanted to get out of the car, you were still sat in front of the streetlight that still seemed to not want to change colours. So instead, you watched her from afar. You watched her pull out her ringing phone and listen as the ringing stopped.

There was no voice on the other end though. Just silence and your phone light up to show one call that hadn't been picked up.

A part of you was confused, but as you eyed her lone figure, it wasn't long until she wasn't alone. Another figure made their way to her. You didn't recognize her, but there was a sort of familiarity. Like you've met her before in passing.

But before your mind could form any more questions, a honk behind you shot you out of your thoughts. You looked up and the red light that had been mocking you for what felt like hours was finally green.

So instead of figuring out who was meeting Irene in a cafe, you decided you could think about it after you made your way home.

As soon as you got inside, you sat down on the couch and let your mind run free. Hours went by and while you couldn't really pinpoint who it was in the cafe with Irene, you put the pieces together as to why she was meeting with Irene. You didn't like the finished puzzle though and there was no way in finding out if you were right other than asking Irene herself.

___

As Irene tiredly walked through the front door of your apartment, there was a strange tingling in the pit of your stomach.