[GN] [Drabble] Maya (NiziU) - Day Off

Drabble quote: "I had a thought." "Oh no..." "I swear it's a good one this time!"
Gender-neutral
Fluff

___

For those who know Maya, many people see her as a rather reserved person and in many cases, she is. That was your first impression of her when you met her for the first time too.

That was nearly three years ago though. It took a while for her to come out of her shell, but nowadays, she can be rather all over the place. Things could be as serene as the garden of Eden and quickly spiral into chaos with Maya's overflowing energy, though it doesn't happen too often. She's basically the video of the watermelon that gets rubber bands wrapped around it until it explodes. She's calm and reserved until enough days pass and the energy that has been built up just comes out. You never signed up for this when you two started dating, but it quickly became the new normal. 

Most of the time, Maya is the quiet girl you could easily imagine reading a book to herself in a quaint library of your school. I mean, with her cute and innocent looks, how could you not? The girl was the literal embodiment of innocence.

Today seemed like Maya's energetic day though. From the moment you woke up, you were nearly smothered to death by the cheery girl. You were going to question how she even got into your apartment in the first place, but she cheekily jingled the spare keys in your face. Perhaps that was the first mistake.

Maya's energy clearly hadn't faded, as she grabbed you arm and with her unusual strength, yanked you out of the bed you had so peacefully slumbered in not too long ago. You were immediately missing the warmth of the blankets. The chilly air due to the rainy outdoors just made things worse and made you want to remain in your bed even more. "I just wanna stay in bed..." You nagged and weakly tugged against her arm, but her hands maintained her iron grip and she easily dragged you into the living room. We ended up sitting on the couch.

"Today's my day off, (y/n)! We gotta do something!"

Undetered by Maya's excessive energy, your determination to remain a inoperative potato for the rest of the day was strong. "Why don't we just relax then? You rarely get time to relax."

It took a little coaxing, but Maya eventually, and reluctantly, accepted the proposal of lazing around for the day. A part of you knew it wasn't going to last long knowing the girl, but a small win was a win nonetheless. The two of you curled up into a big blanket on the couch. While you nearly entered dreamland in the comfortable silence, Maya was the complete opposite.

She was itching to go and do something. Energy was radiating from her form as she restlessly vibrated on the couch beside you.

The serene image of comfort was torn from your mind as Maya lept off of the couch, clearly agitated by the silence. She nearly threw you off of the couch too, but you managed to stay on by clinging onto the armrest like your life depended on it.

"Let's do something fun, (y/n)! I'm bored and we don't get this chance often!"

As much as you wanted to coax her into relaxing for a while longer, you knew deep down that it wasn't going to go well. When Maya's energy levels reach a certain point, there was no stopping her and based on what you've seen so far, it was reaching that melting point.

"It's not like we can do anything, love. It's raining outside." You lazily pointed out to the window to prove your point. It's been raining the past few days now and from the looks of it, it isn't going to get better any time soon. Typhoon season was well and truly upon Japan. The outside was dark and cloudy and you definitely weren't trying to go out and catch a cold in the rain today.

You hoped that was enough reason to hold off doing something today, but the cheeky grin on your girlfriend's face said otherwise.

"I had a thought."