[GN] Sakura (IZ*ONE) - Bright Lights and Date Nights

Kinda inspired by that Dingo video with Apink's Hayoung in it
Gender-neutral
Fluff

note: check out the drabble quotes bc I'm out of ideas

___

Loud noises and flashing lights. 

It might be unpleasant at times, but with my girlfriend by my side, it was paradise.

Arcades weren't as popular as they used to be, but it's still a place her and I love to go to just unwind and have a good time. Racing games, fighting games, shooting games, all of it. We love going head to head and just having the time of our lives.

The two of us usually go after my part-time job.

Earlier today, I was sitting at the counter of the clothing store in a nearby mall, bored out of my mind. Slow was the only word that could describe today's activity at the shop. Traffic picked up a little bit when lunch rolled around, but that was about it. Probably just a few people who had some spare time on break.

It was nearing the end of my shift when the bell on the door rang. Who would be coming around at this time?

If I didn't recognize those eyes above her facemask or the white hoodie that once belonged to me but haven't had the chance to wear it since it became her favourite article of clothing, I would've grabbed the baseball bat underneath the counter in self-defence.

But I only know one person that could simply walk through the front doors of a clothing store and carry an aura that exudes brilliant confidence and an undeniable charm. I guess my girlfriend's practice finished early today, seeing as she hauled her pink backpack over her shoulder, which was probably carrying her shoes and change of clothes, here to the mall today. If she was just stopping by to say hello, she usually just leaves it at the practice rooms.

"Hey!" Sakura excitedly waved as she quickly walked passed the front doors and the racks of clothes to get to the counter I was standing at. "Are you almost done your shift?"

I gave her a hug over the counter and leaned back. "Yeah. Just waiting for Madoka to get here then I'll be out of here."

"Ah. I see I see. Have you had lunch yet?"

"Not yet. I am kinda hungry though now that you mention it." I placed my hand on my stomach as a small grumble resonated. "I could definitely use a bite soon."

A beautiful smile grew on Sakura's face as she excitedly clapped her hands together. "We can get something to eat when you're done. Then, I have a place I want to take you!" If there was anywhere she wants to go after practice, there's only one location I can think of.

The arcade.

It's become our sanctuary of some sort. When Sakura needs to wind down and de-stress, the arcade is the go-to place. If the two of us just want to have some fun and play some games, we'll head to the place that carries all of the games we love and more. We've even decided Saturdays are the designated arcade date day.

"I think I already know what's on your mind, Kkura. Don't worry, I'll beat you on Street Fighter again!" I jabbed a confident thumb at my chest, though while Sakura usually just pouts cutely, this time she wore a smug look. "What's that look for?"

"Oh, no reason~" She chuckled. "And there's the Ma-chan!"

Just like Sakura said, Madoka strolled into the store in her work attire. It was a good thing my girlfriend was pretty close to everyone that worked here since, if she wasn't, I'm sure she wouldn't get away with keeping my occupied while there were customers in the store. Sakura and Madoka, along with a few of the other employees in this establishment know each other from training as idols. Other co-workers simply know Sakura as my cheerful significant other and, more often than not, my better half.