[MR] Winter (aespa) - Sunrise

Inspired by GOT7's JB and his song "Sunrise"
Male Reader
Fluff and, if you squint hard enough, you might see a bit of angst
Requested by JichuAegi

warnings: none

___

To say you were infatuated with your new vocal coach would be the understatement of the century. Some would say you were head over heels for her. Some would say you were utterly blinded by her presence.

None of them would be wrong though.

When you first entered SM Entertainment, you were focused on dancing. It was your passion and that was how you got into the company in the first place. It was what you were good at and what you wanted to master. Things like singing and rapping were just secondary things you didn't really care about. You really didn't feel too attracted to the other two aspects of being an idol.

All of that changed when your perspective was changed by one person who showed you the light.

In SM, it's pretty rare to see a debuted idol teaching a trainee certain skills. Of course, there are senior idols who mentor junior idols and trainees when it comes to professionalism, social skills, and idol life, but there usually aren't cases of an idol being assigned to a trainee. That usually comes from a senior idol just wanting to help their juniors out of the kindness of their own heart. 

SM is a large company and they have teachers for training purposes. They shouldn't have to attach an idol to a trainee for training.

At least that's what you thought when you were told you were getting assigned a new teacher for vocal lessons. When you read the name "Minjeong" on the paper beside yours, you just assumed it was a new trainer who just got hired by the company, not a world class, freshly debuted idol who was in a group already making noise in the industry and quickly rising into superstardom. It wouldn't have made any sense.

But now that you were sitting in a vocal booth with aespa's Winter beside you explaining techniques to improve your vocals, things started to make sense, even if there were more questions than answers popping up in your head.

"Did you get everything?" Winter's voice snaps you out of your trance.

Back in reality, you hadn't noticed Winter's focused stare directed right at you. For a moment, you reentered a trance-like state, mesmerized by her sheer beauty. It really didn't help that she was dressed immaculately, only making her look even more beautiful. Some people look different when they're on TV compared to in person, but Winter didn't look any different. She was still as gorgeous as ever, even under the terrible lighting in the vocal practice room. This lasted until she snapped her fingers in front of your face, breaking the trance once again.

"Sorry. I uh... yeah." You hesitantly nodded, not really sure what to do. With your past teachers, you were a little more bold, stating when you didn't understand what they wanted from you and not really trying to give them what they were looking for. Now that your teacher was Winter, you didn't know what to do. While you weren't super interested in vocals and getting your singing to improve, there was a part of you that didn't want to disappoint your new teacher.

She gave you a skeptical look. "So you did get it?"

"Um... No. Not really."

"Alright." Winter rubbed her temples as she leaned back into her seat. "Maybe we should just get to know each other first. You aren't focused because you're uncomfortable, right? Don't worry, I get that."

Before you could say anything else, Winter turned her seat to face you. "I'll start. I'm Winter, but you can call me Minjeong since I'm a teacher right now, not an idol. I like action movies, sweet foods, and autumn. You?"