[N] [Drabble] Mina (TWICE) - Friendly Competition

Drabble quote: "I hope you step on a Lego in the dark, you absolute burnt piece of toast."
Gender-neutral
Fluff

___

There are quite a few ways to ruin a relationship.

Cheating, lying, just being a horrible person in general, Monopoly. The list could go on.

Knowing this, it's a surprise your relationship with Mina has been stable. There's no cheating involved or anything, though she does accuse you of cheating sometimes. Not the unfaithful kind of cheating though. It's more of the "you're getting so lucky you have to be cheating" kind of cheating.

For all of the noise around games like Mario Kart and Monopoly being a friendship-ruining experience, the two of you compete in those games quite often. Honestly, it's a miracle neither of you have just lost your minds yet.

It was tradition for the two of you to have a game night on Saturdays after her practice. She'd show up after practice at your apartment and after a quick shower and a change of clothes, the two of you would have dinner before beginning a night full of competition.

Yes, Mina, the one who carries this aura of calm and serenity, is extremely competitive when it comes to gaming. Whether it be highly competitive FPS games where every moment counts or just some luck-based relatively unknown mobile game, she'll find a way to propel herself to the top.

Of course, against you though, the road to the top wasn't going to be an easy one.

After years of playing games with Mina, the two of you have built up a pretty impressive collection of games. Today though, only one game mattered.

Mario Party.

The classic kid-friendly game filled with cartoon Italian plumbers and vibrant colours was going to be the battleground in which you and your girlfriend were going to duke it out to the death. Well, maybe not the death, but more for bragging rights. The two of you found this game to be the perfect way to find out which one of you were superior that week. Even a small whiteboard was set up near the TV to keep track of the number of weeks the two of you had won.

The whiteboard was the one thing that kept the two of you on your toes. Every week, the win tallies would continue to rise, but one thing stayed the same. The two of you were neck and neck in wins. In fact, whoever won this week would take the lead. That could only mean one thing. This week was going to be a fierce competition. Fiercer than all of the other weeks combined.

Mina was very aware of this, too. From the moment she entered your apartment, there was an aura around her. One of a burning competitive spirit that wasn't going to go down without a fight. But a fight was exactly what you were wanting.

She hopped in and out of the shower in record time and quickly finished her dinner. It was clear your girlfriend was determined to take the lead in your little rivalry.

You jumped onto the couch while Mina found herself a comfortable position in your lap, leaving one final, very important decision that would determine the chancing of winning. Which edition of Mario Party were you two going to be competing in? Mina's strongest game was the classic Mario Party 4 while your specialty lied in the more recent ninth installment of the game.

After a game of rock paper scissors which ended with eight ties in a row, it was decided that a neutral option was chosen. Mario Party 7 was going to be where the two of you were going head to head in a fight for superiority.

GameCube controllers in hand, the TV came to life and the all too familiar soundtrack to the game started. Mina's fingers swiftly started a new game and the two of us chose our characters. Mina went with her old faithful dinosaur in Yoshi while I selected my usual go-to character of Boo.