[GN] SinB (VIVIZ) - Liars

Sort of inspired by "Sherlock" (the show not the SHINee song) since I've been rewatching it at work
Gender neutral
I don't even know if you can call any of this angst or fluff
Requested by dpt3tejero

Warnings: It's a mafia AU so mentions of drugs, alcohol, guns, and death.

___

Even from day one, you couldn't make sense of what she was. 

Like clockwork, she'd show up with her sharp black suit that looked custom made and equally dashing black hat that always covered her eyes. You'd always watch her as she walked through the doors of the quaint bar as if she owned it. There was a sense of confidence in her every step you were envious of.

She'd disappear into the back room and minutes later, she'd appear again, though dressed in a more relaxed outfit, though still formal. With a bar towel in one hand and the other hand fixing the bits of hair that the hairpins couldn't hold down, she'd take her spot behind the bar. She always looked clean and well put together, but something always bothered you when you looked at her.

She would walk in like a patron and appear behind the bar as a bartender. Things just didn't add up.

You were a regular there. 

At first, you told yourself it was just to unwind from the stress of the workday, but everyone knew that wasn't the truth.

All you had to do was knock on the bar and a drink would come sliding toward you. She knew you too well and always had the timing perfect. To her, you were predictable, something you didn't want to be referred to as.

This business was cutthroat. Get caught and you're dead. If you lucky enough to not be dead, you'll have nothing after all is said and done.

Discretion was king.

Secrets were weapons.

Your mentality was your armour.

If anything is lacking, you'll be chewed up and spit out in seconds.

Still, the bartender knew you too well. Her hands elegantly tinkered with taps, knobs and bottles to make drinks and her eyes had a sharp focus that couldn't be broken. Even when speaking to her, she never looked at the person. Those eyes would always look through the person and read them like an open book. It was terrifying but exhilarating at the same time.

Today she seemed more focused than usual. Her clothes were neatly pressed and it was obvious she had taken good care of her looks. She put her bar towel to good use today too, unlike the other times when she'd simply wipe her hands on her pants instead of using the towel hanging from her waist. You could never tell if it was something to do with her stress or if she was just lazy, but it was clear she was being thorough this shift.

There was definitely a different air around her today. Was it the way she met your eye when you knocked on the table for your drink? Was it the way she wasn't habitually cleaning the same glass she had in her hand for the whole shift? There were signs, but no clear conclusion.

Everything added up and it made reading her harder than usual. You didn't like that.

You were used to noticing patterns. That was your strong suit. There are things people do that are simply a force of habit. The way the man sitting to your left readjusts his glasses or the way the woman sitting behind you would tap her middle finger against her glass gave you information to work on. You could understand what type of person they are through these habits, but the bartender was different. 

Within 24 hours, she had changed completely and it didn't make any sense. One might say it's just a twin taking over for her shift today, but it's never twins.