[MR] Yerin (GFRIEND) - Red Thread

Requested by Tzuyucky along with the basis of this chapter and inspired by a fluff prompt from Tumblr
Male Reader
Fluff

note: all written in second person pov (you instead of I)

___

Yerin's earliest memory of you was back when she started working as an idol. Sure, GFRIEND wasn't as big as the top groups in the country, but they were by no means not popular. They were a rising star in the industry after all. Even with all this though, you didn't seem to know her.

You were a tailor working from a quaint shop your family had set up years ago in the heart of Seoul. It might not be the most exciting of careers, but the reactions from customers after seeing their beloved pieces of clothing repaired was extremely rewarding. You wouldn't give it up for the world.

At that time, GFRIEND's "Rough" wasn't out yet. In fact, the music video was still being shot. 

It was during this shoot that Yerin had managed to tear the sleeve of the school uniform she had to wear after tripping over a bench she somehow hadn't seen. The fabric of the uniform tore with ease and left a nice hole from the forearm to the upper area in the sleeve. Panic had ensued among the girls, but the director of the music video took matters into his own hands.

"Yerin, there's a tailor just down the street. Take the uniform there and he'll fix it up in no time."

The shoot was subsequently halted for the time being. Yerin quickly got changed and ran down the street with the navy school uniform in hand.

She arrived at the tailor's shop in mere minutes. Since adrenaline and panic were still swirling in her system, she barged into the place and threw the uniform down on the counter.

"I need to get the sleeve fixed fast!"

You were slightly startled by the sudden request, but you took it in stride and got to work. The girl hadn't looked up once as she stared down at the floor. It was clear this was something very important.

And in no time, you were finished.

"Miss?" You called out to the girl, who was now sitting in the corner with her hands over her face. "It's only temporary, but your uniform is fixed."

The girl's head shot up from her hands and just like every customer before her, her eyes lit up. Yeah, just like every other customer except for the fact that this girl was beautiful. A feeling far beyond the regular satisfaction bubbled in your chest as she ran up to you, dumped a handful of cash onto the counter, and hastily left the shop without a word.

You only got a few seconds to look at her, but you were already head over heels for her. Though unbeknownst to you, it wasn't just you that felt this way.

As Yerin sprinted back to the set, she replayed the scene in her head. Just like you, she didn't get a good look at you, but it was enough to make her heart to backflips in her chest. Sure, neither knew a single thing about each other, but both of you hoped that would change soon.

The rest of the music video shoot went smoothly and Yerin's mood looked better than ever. Perhaps it was the warm scent of birch wood that lingered on her uniform. Perhaps it was because of her encounter with you. Whatever the reason was, unfortunately for her, the other members of GFRIEND also noticed her peculiar behaviour.

The first to notice was Sowon, who had pulled Yerin away from the rest of the girls during their break and brought her to a secluded place. The leader asked Yerin about it, but she brushed it off quickly before making her way back to the rest of the group.