Olivia Hye (LOONA) - A Flower for You

Not really inspired by anything tbh
Gender-neutral
Fluff and a hint of angst(?) idk if this would be considered angst what whatever just in case

note: all written in hyejoo's pov and this is going to be a tad supernatural (no superpowers and stuff like that though maybe just a touch of magic)

___

It's said that they'll give you a flower. Not an ordinary flower though. It's supposed to be a rare one.

Apparently, those flowers are special ones too. They supposedly represent something inside you that you never realized or something you need to find.

An encounter with them will bring out the better side of you, whatever that means.

For all I know, it's just some rumour Yeojin's been spouting with no proof. Ever since I started working at the cafe with her and our mutual friends, she's been non-stop talking about this mysterious person.

I've known her for almost five years now and I've always had to listen to the nonsensical things she wanted to talk about. It's just her personality, really. If something catches her fancy, she'll just go on about it until something else comes knocking.

If I get a flower, I swear I'm going to shove it in her trap so she stops talking about it.

Today was another slow day at the cafe.

Customers were pretty limited with the terribly rainy weather we've been having, so I've had some time to myself which is nice. It's spring after all. Even better, Haseul's given me an extended break, so I can spend time gaming on my phone.

I crashed down onto the couch in the break room and whipped out my phone in no time. A few swipes later, I was playing my mobile games with no distractions.

At least that's what I hoped for.

I pushed open the break room door to see Yeojin taking a nap on the couch I so badly wanted to rest on myself. I would get her up and tell her to move, but if I wake her up, I'm sure she'll start talking about her mystery flower dealer again. She'll be like "Hyejoo~ Lemme tell you about this~" and stuff.

Defeated, I quietly closed the door and slipped into the cafe's washroom. I'm sure I won't be distracted there.

And thankfully, I wasn't. For a while, at least.

A few minutes in the washroom alone with my games later, a knock sounded and a voice called from the other side.

"Is someone in there?" Whoever was on the other side twisted the knob of the door and shook it a few times, hoping the door would open, but I had the lock on.

"Occupied." I flatly responded. My eyes didn't leave my phone as the person on the other side tried the door one last time.

"Ah." was all the other person said before footsteps could be heard leading away.

Peace at last.

I remained in the washroom for another half an hour before I exited, noticing the time. Only a few more minutes until I was needed at the bar again.

I pocketed my phone and quickly left the washroom before making my way back to work.

I deftly tied the apron around my back as I grabbed a cup Haseul had just put on the counter.

"Double-shot on ice," Haseul said as she washed her hands at the sink.

If I didn't know any better, I'd just throw one shot in since it'll be faster, but I knew exactly who this was for. They could tell it was missing a shot just by looking at the drink. In fact, they prefer three shots of espresso over two.