[GN] Solar (Mamamoo) - Ten Nights

Based on Mamamoo's "Ten Nights"
Gender-neutral
Fluff(?)

note: similar flow as the Sejeong chapter

___

"How can I send you away?"

"I know you'll have the strength to do so."

They wrapped their arms around me and brought me close. Warmth radiated from their body as they silently embraced me. I knew I wouldn't be able to handle their disappearance. I felt tears starting to form at the edges of my eyes at the thought.

I slowly flipped the pages of the photo album I had stored underneath my bed. Picture after picture, something I couldn't have or experience ever again were on full display. They were always an off-the-grid type of character, after all. Contact was nearly impossible when they're on the other side of the world without the help of social media.

A knock on my door pulled my attention from their eyes in the photographs.

"You doing okay? It's almost dinner time and you haven't left your room in hours." Moonbyul's eyes went from me to the photobook in front of me. She's been staying with me while her apartment gets fixed after a small fire broke out in her suite. "Thinking about (y/n) again?"

I solemnly nodded. Moonbyul took a seat on my bed next to me and placed a hand on my back. After a year of trying to comfort me, she's found that just being here helped more than words could. 

We found ourselves sitting in silence as I continued to flip through the book. Moonbyul and I stared at every image of (y/n), hoping it would magically bring them back.

(y/n) would visit us as much as their work schedule allowed them to. At least once a month, they'd arrive without fail. This time though, (y/n) was gone for far longer than a month. A permanent position in America apparently. Of course, it was great for them since they've always been infatuated with the idea of living in the US, but them moving to America also meant leaving us behind.

(y/n) was close to all of Mamamoo. Wheein and Hwasa knew them before Moonbyul and I. The two younger members went to school with them in Jeonju when they were all kids. The pair would always describe (y/n) as the jokester of the three, though I like to call them the "Three Stooges" since they're all jokesters in their own right.

I flipped to the front page of the book. There, a picture of (y/n) with the four of us sat, laminated and sitting on the page alone. It was the day Wheein and Hwasa introduced them to Moonbyul and me. (y/n) looked so awkward in the image while the four of us smiled brightly. The photo was taken in front of our favourite cafe in Seoul.

"I remember that day well." Moonbyul softly smiled at the photograph in the book.

At first glance, I would've bet my bottom dollar that (y/n) and Moonbyul wouldn't get along. Their personalities were too far off from one another. Moonbyul was one to defend herself from all embarrassment while (y/n) was someone who'd go out of their way to succeed in causing havoc and embarrassment.

Of course, I was wrong though. I guess years of dealing with her group members trained Moonbyul to accept crazy people like (y/n). The two became best friends within weeks.

They went to all kinds of places together including the karaoke and surprisingly, the amusement park. If anyone knew Moonbyul, you'd know she absolutely hates rollercoasters and other tall rides, but (y/n) managed to get her onto one. According to Moonbyul, it wasn't so bad, though (y/n) would laugh and reenact her frightened expressions on the ride.

I guess (y/n) had a way with words. The two of us also went to the amusement park together and they even convinced me to go to the horror house attraction there. Yes, I, Mamamoo's resident scaredy-cat, was convinced to go to a horror house.