[GN] Shuhua ((G)I-DLE) - A Missing Piece (Part 1)

Inspired by (G)I-DLE's "For You"
Gender Neutral
Angst
Requested by ILikeAnimeandTwice

Warnings: None unless angst makes you feel sad and bad things like it does to me

___

Stay Strong

That was what Shuhua had told herself all those years ago. 

It wasn't like she didn't know what was going to happen, but it still hurt her more than she had expected. Shuhua decided it was best to part ways since her work and your schooling were going to get in the way of a healthy relationship. When you had agreed to it, she wasn't sure how to feel. A part of her was happy that there were no hard feelings left behind, but another part of her was mad at you for not fighting for her.

That was who you were though. You didn't like fighting or getting into arguments. You were understanding, though sometimes too understanding to a point where Shuhua would get annoyed and frustrated. She hated how you let people walk over you sometimes, but she admired your ability to de-escalate situations in an instant and hear the other party's side of the story.

So maybe she should have expected it to end abruptly. All of the good morning and goodnight texts she would get every day were no longer waiting for her in her phone's inbox. The weekly midnight calls to talk about how she was doing went from weekly to never. Your late-night food smuggling adventures to her practice room stopped happening. It was like you had cut all contact with her and she hated it. At first, she thought it was a good thing since she could forget about you and focus on her work as an idol, but it quickly became evident that she needed you with her.

She needed you like a human needs air, water, and food.

And now that you were gone, she was struggling.

You, on the other hand, were oblivious to all of this. In your mind, you were doing her a favour. Shuhua needed space to develop into one of South Korea's biggest idols and you would only hinder her if you were around. Seeing as you were headed to the United States for college, the long-distance relationship simply wouldn't work for either of you. The amount of work both you and Shuhua would need to put into the relationship would be too much to handle, especially for an idol with a busy schedule.

This separation hurt you too. You and Shuhua met when you were a mere barista at the coffee shop down the street from Cube Entertainment's offices. It stunned you how beautiful Shuhua was but was equally intimidated by the presence of her group members when they first walked into the shop. She was loud, a little obnoxious, but extremely courteous and kind whenever you were taking her order and it was right then and there that you had fallen for the energetic Taiwanese girl.

And a year later, when Shuhua walked into the cafe with her groupmates, you knew something was up. While Shuhua seemed a little more reserved than usual, her fellow group members were as loud as they could be. Sure, Yuqi and Minnie had a tendency to get a little loud on a daily basis, but everyone looked a lot more energetic than usual. You tried to block it all out and do your job by taking everyone's orders, but the volume of the girls wouldn't let you and thinking back on it, you were glad.

Eavesdropping on other peoples' conversations isn't polite, but when they are as loud as they can be and raving about Shuhua's crush on you in front of you, it was hard not to hear them. Unsurprisingly, Shuhua was blushing like mad and avoided your eyesight the whole time. So seeing as you weren't going to be able to have a nice conversation with the Taiwanese girl, you took it upon yourself and quickly scribbled your phone number onto her cup before handing her drink over. You didn't get to see her reaction or the reaction of her friends, but based on the fact that you got a text later that night, you assumed her friends weren't lying. As they would say, the rest is history.