[GN] Ryujin (ITZY) - Lean on Me (Nobody Like You Part 2)

Inspired by Bill Withers' "Lean on Me"
Gender-neutral
Fluff
Requested on Tumblr

Warnings: none I can think of atm

___

A wise man once said that the best defence is a good offence, but some people believe otherwise. You, for example, believe fleeing is the best defence. Why? Because fighting isn't a good defence. Running away isn't a show of cowardice, it's a wise decision made when you need more time. In fact, it shouldn't even be considered running away, it's more of a strategic retreat.

Which is why you were sprinting down the halls of your university with your girlfriend not too far behind, absolutely fuming.

Maybe if you run long enough, Ryujin would come to her senses and realize watching some movies to reduce stress was better than studying for an important final exam that could make or break her future plans.

You smirked, "Nah."

"Once I get my hands on you, you're dead!" Not too far behind, you could hear Ryujin's shouting. "(y/n)! I'll kill you!"

That was your signal to keep running.

___

Even if high school was when you and Ryujin had started dating, it seemed like neither of you had grown up as the two of you entered university. There was a youthfulness that could not be broken. Ryujin was still the hot-headed girl who wasn't afraid of anything and you were the cheeky thorn in her side that wouldn't know when to stop.

Truly, nothing had changed.

Well, not exactly nothing.

The knowledge you two had of each other was drastically different from when you and Ryujin were in high school. Over the years, you learned a lot about Ryujin and the same went for her. Some things like how she was a good dancer didn't surprise you seeing as she was one of the most athletic people you knew, but there were other things that did surprise you. You never thought she was an introvert based on how confident she always seemed or how she liked cats over dogs since she always seemed like she wanted to be active.

Still, nothing had really changed even after learning all of this.

Whenever the two of you finished your classes for the day, it was normal to find one another crashed on the couch of your shared apartment. You were usually finished later than Ryujin so walking into the apartment to see her sprawled out on the thrifted sofa looking exhausted was normal. She was trying to juggle far too many classes since she was trying to get out of university as fast as possible.

You glanced at your phone to see it was already six in the evening and you didn't need to ask to know that Ryujin had been lying on the sofa since at least 4 PM.

"Do you want to go out and get dinner?" You asked her as you took off your coat and hung it on the rack that sat next to the front door. "If we leave now, we can probably catch up with Chaeryeong and Yuna since they're probably still at the cafeteria trying to pick up girls."

"Ugh." Ryujin slowly rose up from the sofa looking dazed and confused after her post-class nap. "The last thing I want to listen to while eating is their cheesy pick-up lines."

"Then we can go to the pub and probably find Felix and Seungmin."

"And listen to them talk about sports for an hour? No thanks." Ryujin dramatically flopped back onto the sofa with a soft thud. "Besides, I have an exam tomorrow and another one the day after. I'm not going to let you distract me this time." She glared at you as she got up again.

You watched as Ryujin got up on her feet and walked over to the study room of your shared apartment where the two of you had all of your textbooks and notebooks. Most of those things were Ryujin's since she spent most of her time in there.