[MR] Wonyoung (IVE) - Rest of Our Lives

Inspired by IZ*ONE's "Slow Journey"
Male Reader
Angst and a bit of fluff
Requested by AetriYolk

Warnings: bullying and a hint of blood

___

You couldn't think of why this was happening to you.

Since the first day of high school, you were trapped in the crosshairs of a certain bully you hadn't met before. Wonyoung was someone who had an innocent exterior and a devilish interior. You never expected her to be the one who was actively victimizing random students. After all, the first day you met her, you were completely enamoured by her.

Wonyoung looked like a princess and she carried herself as such. She was beautiful, elegant, and smart. The girl seemed like the perfect package of looks and smarts that would eliminate any competition in a heartbeat.

So you weren't expecting Wonyoung to set her sights on you.

You were nothing like Wonyoung. You didn't resemble royalty. You were average in all metrics. It just didn't make sense for Wonyoung to target you out of the whole student body.

But that's how it was.

It started off small. Wonyoung would occasionally walk past your locker while you stored your books and mess with whatever caught her eye. Sometimes it was your books while other times, it was you.

As her posse got bigger, her antics only grew in scale too.

Wonyoung had two others who would constantly be by her side. Yujin, who was a year older than Wonyoung, basically became the princess' right hand. Yujin was willing to do almost anything Wonyoung wanted. The princess had Yujin wrapped up in her finger. The same could be said for Yuri as well. While Yuri was older than both Wonyoung and Yujin, there must've been something Wonyoung had that kept Yuri in line. You didn't know, but you assumed it was probably blackmailing. Yuri seemed like a genuine individual who wouldn't be a bully who was almost timid in nature. At least that's what you thought.

Before long, Wonyoung's antics were well known throughout the school. There were groups who completely avoided her, there were groups that admired her, and there were groups who tried to live life without thinking about Wonyoung and her posse.

You fell in the last category.

While you weren't the most popular student, you had a handful of friends you could hang out with. Most of your time with them consisted of pointless conversation, but there was one day when one of your friends brought up the topic of Wonyoung and her gang.

"I don't really understand why she thinks she can rule this school." Jeongwoo pointed out as he ate his lunch. "It's not like she's above the rules."

Doyoung nodded. "Right? I don't think we should be below her."

"Are you suggesting we revolt or something?" You questioned your friends. A part of you agreed with them, but the last thing you wanted to do was make a scene.

"That's exactly what I'm suggesting!" Jeongwoo shouted a little too loud for your liking.

Your friend's shouting caught the attention of another one of your friends. "What's going on? I heard Jeongwoo screaming and hoped he was getting attacked by Wonyoung or something. Doesn't really look like it though." Daeun looked a little disappointed as she took a seat beside you.

"He thinks we should revolt against Wonyoung." You informed Daeun and she laughed.

"If history class has taught us anything, abolishing the monarchy usually ends with a civil war. Unless you're ready to fight, I wouldn't recommend it. Remember, Wonyoung has way too many people under her control to let it happen without some sort of conflict. But, if you really want to fight Wonyoung, just call me. I bet I can take her on with one hand."