[MR] Lisa (BLACKPINK) - Back for You

Not inspired by anything in particular
Male Reader
Angst and fluff
Requested by Shirakumo-Whitecloud

Warnings: some nihilism, degrading, and a pair of no-no words around the end

___

Lisa was, for better or for worse, your best friend. While you couldn't remember how it all started, she was constantly by your side. She was with you since middle school and nothing has changed since. Lisa was your hypeman, sounding board, and the one you could rely on when things got tough.

It was times like these you were happy to have Lisa with you.

Today was a day of many firsts. 

Your first girlfriend had broken up with you. This was your first love leaving, your first breakup, and your first heartbreak. Having all of these events unfold within hours was something you wouldn't be able to cope with by yourself and thankfully, Lisa was there.

"Listen to me, (y/n)." Lisa slid her hand into yours, letting her fingers caress yours and help you release the tension that was starting to build up. The two of you sat on your family's small sofa that was built for two, maybe three if you squeezed in, as you recounted what had happened not too long ago with your girlfriend. Well, ex-girlfriend now. "You'll find the one soon enough. Besides, we've got our whole lives ahead of us. We're still in high school, right? Think about how many years we still have to find the one! Though remember what I said? She wasn't the one. She was too strict, sloppy, vain, and controlling. I guess I can say I told you so."

Lisa's smug look made you smile a little, something she didn't miss. That was something Lisa took a lot of pride in.

She hated to see you feeling down, but she always tried to be there for you and put a smile on your face. If there was something wrong, she'd find a way to right the ship and save the day. That was just her nature. She always found a way to brighten your day.

"If she wasn't the right one, who is?"

"Well, let's see." Even if it seemed she was figuring out someone who would fit the criteria, she was doing something far from that. Whenever Lisa gave you dating advice, you trusted her. There was no reason behind it, but she seemed to have a good eye for character. After all, she had a good track record, setting up a bunch of her friends. "I think you need someone who is bright, playful, and... oh, loves Japanese food! I know how much you love Japanese food!"

Lisa's energy always found a way to make you smile. "Like Dahyun?"

"Dahyun?"

"Yeah! I mean, she's bright and playful! I'm not sure if she loves Japanese food, but she has a lot of Japanese friends so I don't think she hates it."

Lisa shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah... true..."

___

Between practicing hard as a trainee, taking on part-time work to cover expenses, and attending school, your life was more hectic than ever. There wasn't enough time in a day to do everything you had on your plate.

It also didn't help that you had a girlfriend and that the relationship was starting to dwindle.

Like Lisa had supposedly predicted, Dahyun was someone you had fallen in love with. She was everything Lisa had described to you when she talked about what to look for in a girl. Dahyun met the criteria, but none of it mattered when you couldn't spend time with her.

The breakup wasn't violent or anything like that. It was a slow burn that led to a simple, sorrowful text that concluded the relationship.

Even if it was inevitable, the breakup still hurt.