Chapter 28

A/n: sorry for the long wait 😂

-

The ball was magnificent. Everyone was bright and merry, and the atmosphere was extravagant. It really was something special. Everyone dancing as far as the eye could see. Well, almost everyone. Harry and Ron were sitting down, jealousy getting the better of them as Neville swayed Ginny around the dance floor and Krum held Hermione close to him as they waltz. Hell, even Malfoy was enjoying his time dancing. Professor Dumbledore has bought Professor McGonagall to the stage, Filch was dancing with Ms. Norris, and Flitwick was helping out with the orchestra. You were dancing and having fun when Hermione calls you over.

"I'll be back in a moment boys, Mione needs me." you say to them as you make your way through the crowd.

"Y/n! I brought my date, listen I know that you don't like him but please, at least try to be nice. Please, for me?" she says with puppy eyes.

"Fine, but only because it means a lot to you," you say. Viktor walks up to you with a smug cocky look which made you want to punch his face. But you got rid of that thought because you were doing this for Hermione. "Nice to meet you Krum, I'm y/n." you say, shaking his hand.

Krum yanks his hand away from yours as if you were some sort of contagious disease and wiped it against his tuxedo. "I know who you are you imbecile. You're that weak little girl who threatened me. Shame really, I could of beat you." he said, shrugging his shoulders, a broad grin moulding on his face.

Was this guy for real? Did he bang his fat little head or what? That he suddenly forgot YOU were the one who had punched him in the guts, and HE was the one who was a complete coward and ran away like a little kid.

"Oh, oh yeah. Yeah, that's why you ran out of the great hall screaming like a newborn baby," you say smirking, hands on hips. Krum's face changed from a confident glow to a nasty stare. "I'm sorry Mione, I tried to be nice but 3 year old here ruined it. If I don't remove myself from this conversation right now, I think I might just rip his head off of his body." you say facing towards her. You give Krum an obvious fake smile and make your way back to Fred and George.

"That went well." you partially hear Hermione say to Krum.

You dance with the twins for hours, making jokes having and amazing night, but there is something else that is yet to be done. So you stop the twins from dancing and have them both face you.

"I've had a great time tonight boys, but before it's over there's something I have to do." you walk over to Professor McGonagall and whisper something in her ear. She stands up and walks onto the stage, followed by you, so the both of yous are facing the crowd of young sweaty students.

"Please could I have everyone's attention, Miss Lupin Black would like to say a few words." she steps back and you step towards the mic, everyone's eyes now on you. However, you walk off the stand and walk back over to the twins, grabbing their hands and bringing them to the stage.

"Y/n? What are you doing?" whispers George into your ear.

"Before you say anything else, please just listen to what I have to say...." you say to the both of them. They simply just nod and look at you, confused. You walk back over to the mic, grabbing it, and begin to speak.

"Your friendship has brought glorious technicolor to my life. It's been there even in the darkest of times, and I am the luckiest person alive for that gift," You and the group (Ginny, Hermione, Cho and Cedric) all start to cry happy tears. Fred and George also, but they're trying their best to hide them. "Because sometimes you don't see that the best thing that's ever happened to you, is sitting right there in front of you. I realise that no matter where you are..... or what you're doing..... or who you're with.....I will always honestly.....truly.....completely..... love you."

Fred and George both wrap their arms around you finally let their tears fall.

"We love you too y/n..... we love you too." said Fred.

You can hear the cheers of everyone in the great hall, but the three of you remain in the hugging/crying position.