Chapter 13

Chapter 13

When I got home from coffee yesterday I had talked to Lydia about having Jared over for dinner on Monday after school. She thought it was a great idea. I agreed.

When I woke up today it was pretty late. It was 11 o'clock. I had been up late texting Jared. He was so funny and made me so happy. I hope the boys can look past all of their fears and realize he's a really good guy.

At around 12 Ethan came to my room to get me. We were about to leave to go to the school. He knocked on my door softly. "Come in."

"Hey, are you ready to go?" he asked walking in the room a little bit.

"Yeah, just give me a minute." I said.

He nodded and turned around to leave. "I'll meet you downstairs."

I got out of bed and quickly got dressed. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

When I was done I went downstairs and found Ethan sitting on the couch waiting for me. "Ready?" He asked as he stood up walking towards the door.

"Yup," I said as I slid on my flip flops. I followed him out of the door and walked to the car.

I got in the passenger seat and made small talk with Ethan. "So are we going to have classes together do you think?"

"We could. You could also have classes with Chase or Wesley," he said explaining things about the school system. "We will get your schedule when we get there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we pulled into the parking lot of the school Ethan parked close to the door. I got out of the car and followed Ethan to the closest door. When we walked through the wide hallways were clean and empty. There was absolutely no one walking around. It was silent.

Ethan walked down the hallway for a little bit with me close behind and then he stop, making his sneakers squeak against the clean, shiny floor. He turned to a big metal door and pushed on it.

He held the door open for me and inside there was a large room with a few desks and some women sitting at them.

Ethan walked up to the counter separating us from their desks and leaned his elbows on it. "Ms. Clark," he said looking at the lady closest to us.

She looked up from the papers on her desk and instantly smiled when she saw Ethan.

"Hello Ethan, it's so great to see you." She paused and thought for a minute. "You know school starts tomorrow, right?"

Ethan laughed at her joke, even though it wasn't funny, and she did too. "Yes Mrs. Mckenzie, I know. I'm showing Ellie around," Ethan said looking toward me. "She's going to be a new student."

"Is she?" Mrs. Mckenzie looked at me. "Well I'm glad you are at this school. It's a great place. What's your full name sweetie?" She asked looking right at me.

"Ellie Houghton." She flipped through a folder and some files.

"Oh yes, here it is." She looked at one paper and took it out. "Here is your schedule." She handed it to me.

Ethan and I looked it over and it turned out that I had Trigenometry and Physics with Ethan. Ethan and I left the office and walked around the school. He showed me the art room and the math rooms and the science rooms. This school was a lot different than my old one. It was much bigger and the classrooms were all sectioned off into different groups. There were lockers on all three of the floors. He told me my locker was on the second floor near his.