Chapter 24

Chapter 24

I walked towards the parking lot doors, by the gym. Jared was supposed to bring me home, but it had already been more than 15minutes since school ended.

I had been walking back and forth around the school trying to find him, but there was no sign of him anywhere. He probably forgot that he was supposed to bring me home or he was out with his other girl.

I walked through the doors of the gym and was heading towards the locker rooms when I heard music playing. I looked toward the weight room that was on the far wall and saw that Chase was in there.

I ran over to the doors thinking he would be able to give me a ride home when he was done. I pushed open the heavy metal door and saw Case laying down on a bench lifting weights. I walked closer to him and he saw me.

He out the bar on the safety holder thing and slid out from under it. He looked at me confused. "What are you doing here? I thought Jared was bringing you home."

When he said that he wiped sweat off his face with his tank top. I saw someone from the other end of the weight room walking towards us. As he got closer I could tell that he was nicely built.

"Jared didn't pick me up so I was stuck here." I sat down on a bench in there and waited for him to finish. That other guy was now on this side of the weight room and he looked really familiar.

Chase followed my gaze and saw that I was looking at him. "Oh, you remember Devin, right?" he asked.

Oh yeah. That was the friend Chase talked about while we ate ice cream and he was the guy who called me hot the first day of school. I laughed to myself. "Yeah, nice to see you again," I said smiling at him. He gave me a nod and then started lifting weights. Chase continued as well and I just sat there for a while. I tried not to watch them directly because it would have been awkward if they caught me, but I did check them out, out of the corner of my eye. I mean they were muscular guys in tank tops.

When Chase and Devin finished we all got in his car. Chase had told Devin that he would give him a ride home. Apparently Devin usually walks to school, since he lives close. Devin let me sit in the passenger seat and he took the back. He was pretty sweet.

Devin and Chase talked about football a little bit and I just quietly listened to their conversations. "Ellie, have you heard the story about Chase and the cheerleading team?" he asked.

I laughed. That sounded like it was going to be something hilarious and embarrassing for him. "No, I haven't."

I turned around in my seat and looked at Devin. "Well, last year Chase was dared to start doing the cheerleaders cheers at one of our game. When he came off the field after scoring a touchdown he walked over to them and got in line. They planned out this whole routine and he even went to their practices to learn it." I laughed. That didn't seem that embarrassing though. "Anyway, when he was finishing the routine-"

"Devin, shut up," Chase interrupted. I saw that Chase's hands tightened around the steering wheel.

"Nope. When he finished the routine he went to do a split and ripped his pants. I don't know what he was thinking. He wasn't going to be able to do it." Devin sat back against the seat and started laughing. "Everyone in the stands saw and was laughing. It was definitely one of his shining moments."

I laughed at Devin joking around with Chase. That must have been so embarrassing. "Haha, very funny Devin. It was terrible. I had to play the rest of the game with my pants ripped."

I laughed at that too. "Well, it was your fault. You should have known you couldn't do a split."

After we dropped Devin off we drove back to the house. It got a little awkward between Chase and I. We didn't really know what to talk about.