Chapter 32

Chapter 32

I got home after school and threw myself onto my bed. It was finally Friday. The had been so long. I curled up on my bed and just closed my eyes. They had felt so heavy and it was hard to keep them open all week. It seemed like I hadn't gotten any sleep lately. I kept having night mares about... that night. It was scaring me. I would wake up panting and my wart would be racing. I would be covered in sweat but soon I would get chills from the thoughts of what I just kept reliving.

I was about to doze off when I heard someone say my name. My eyes opened quickly and my head shot to the doorway. Chase was standing there with his arms holding onto the doorframe. "Hey," he said as he came in.

"Hey," I said with a small smile. He sat on the end of my bed.

"Do you want to get ice cream with me and the guys?" He looked at me with a hopeful smile.

I shook my head. "Sorry, I'm really tired." I pulled the blanket back up to my chin but he pulled it back down an grabbed my wrist. The wrist with my cuts on it. I saw him stop for a split second as he felt them under his fingers.

"Nope, you're coming. We don't even have to leave if you don't want to. We have plenty of ice cream here." He got me to the doorway when I wiggled out of his grasp. He grabbed my wrist once again though, being much quicker than me, and pulled me back towards him. We were inches apart now. "Ellie," he said.

"What?" I was scared of what he was going to say. It could be anything.

"Please don't do this to yourself because of what Jared said the other day." I put my head down. "He's not right about you. He doesn't even know you. You can't believe what he said. He was just being a jerk like usual."

I shook my head at him. "Chase I just want to be alone."

He dropped my wrist and looked at me angrily. Maybe it wasn't anger. It was more like frustration mixed with confusion. But there was a flair of aggression in it.

He shook his head angrily and left. I heard his loud footsteps down the stairs and I heard the front door slam. I sighed and flopped back on my bed. So that's great. Now he knows and he's mad at me. Could this day get any better.

I watched Netflix for a little while but soon fell asleep. I dreamt about what my life would have been like if my parents were still here. I was happy. My parents were sitting on the couch together watching a movie. I was still with Jason and I was even closer with Kristen and Bella. I never met Jared. But I also never met the other guys. I never met Chase. When I realized that in the dream everything became a blur and started to smudge as if it was being blown away in a wind.

Then there was just me standing in an empty white walled room. And then there was Chase. He appeared so suddenly. I ran towards him wanting to get one of his hugs again, but when I got close to him he faded, like everyone else. I sat down on the floor by myself and cried. I hadn't realized how much I wanted him.

I woke from the dream in a panic. I looked around the room, confused at first, and not knowing where I was. I was very disoriented from that realistic dream.

I got out of bed and walked downstairs. I grabbed a water from the fridge and my stomach growled. I mentally told it to shut up and I went to the living room to hang out with Keaton and Wesley. They were playing a card game and watching tv.

"Do you want to play?" Wesley asked.

"Sure," I said and sat down next to Keaton on the couch.

They dealt me in once they finished their previous game and we played for a while. I kept seeing Keaton looking at my wrist. It didn't bother me though. I knew he was just worried about me. We looked at each other and I smiled to him. He smiled back and we kept playing.