Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I was sitting next to Paige in the movie theater and as I was watching the movie I could hear her giggling with Ethan. She was actually such a flirt, I thought. It was kind of funny. I doubt she even noticed what she was doing. They seemed like they were really hitting it off. I was happy for her.

I tried to watch the movie and enjoy it but it was hard when all I could think about was that girl that Jared was talking to after the game. I doubt that girl wrote for the school newspaper. I decided to do some investigating of my own.

I leaned over to Wesley who sat to my right. "Does our school have a school newspaper?" I asked him.

He gave me a weird look. "Uh, no. Why do you ask?"

I sighed angrily. "No reason," I said through gritted teeth. He was cheating on me, I thought. It was official, I sucked at relationships. I decided right then and there that I was not going to let Jared play me like that. I refused. He was cheating on me and it was clear. Getting a text from a Taylor and being with a girl by the locker room after his game.

I angrily sighed out loud and didn't even notice. Everyone around me turned to look at me. Paige gave me a very questioning look trying to figure out what was going on. She looked really confused.

I sunk back in my seat. That was embarrassing. I didn't even realize that I had done that.

The movie ended and we walked out of the theater. Paige pulled me to the bathroom while the boys were standing outside waiting for us. When we got inside she looked at me like she was terrified.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"What's going on?" she said sarcastically copying me. "During that movie when I jumped I kind of leaned on Ethan. When the bad guy popped out I hid my face in her shoulder."

I started laughing. "Wow you really like him. You can't keep your hands off of him." I laughed at her some more and she started pouting.

"He's going to know I like him now. What if he thinks I'm a freak and he hates me?" She started breathing heavily and her hand went up to her chest.

"Calm down," I said looking at her. "I'm sure it'll all be fine. I told you already that he thinks you're pretty cool, so you have nothing to worry about."

"Yeah, but that was all before I jumped on him," she protested.

"Look, we have to go back out there and it didn't seem like he was mad or hated you or anything so calm down." I turned her around and pushed her towards the door. I told her to take a deep breath and then I pushed her through the door.

We came out to Chase and Ethan talking to some more girls and Wesley and Keaton fighting again. I sighed heavily and followed the Keaton and Wesley to the car.

Ethan saw us walking away and he ran up to us. "Hey, Paige wait up," he said. I turned around and Chase was still talking to those girls. I turned back around and kept walking. Paige waited for Ethan and they walked together.

I walked in the middle of Keaton and Wesley and put my arms around their shoulders and walked with them. The only two chill guys around at the moment. They were still arguing about the movie though.

I got in the backseat of the car with Paige and Ethan got in the front. He drove over to Chase's car where the Wesley and Keaton waited for Chase to get back. "I'll meet you guys at home," he said to them and then drove off.

When we pulled into Paige's driveway, we all said bye and then she got out of the car. I moved to the front seat to sit next to Ethan. Before he started to drive away I asked, "So, what do you think about her?"