Chapter 33

I woke up with the thought of last nights events running through my mind. It was so incredible. Chase. He was so incredible. The kiss was amazing. He just made all of my problems disappear. It was like time stopped.

I got up from my bed and went to the kitchen to get breakfast. It was early and no one was awake yet. I sat at the counter and chopped up an apple. I grabbed the peanut butter and took a spoonful out to slap on my plate.

It had been a while since I had this. It had been a while since I had anything good to eat. I promised Chase last night after the kiss that I would keep eating. I was going to keep the promise. I wanted things to get better and he showed me that they do and can.

As I ate my apples I kept thinking about what the kiss meant. I loved it so much but what does it mean for Chase and I now? I mean we can't just ignore it. I assume we both enjoyed it and we both wanted it. We couldn't possibly have a relationship. I mean what would the guys think? And try explaining that to William. Oh, Chase and the new girl living in the house are dating. It would be incredibly awkward to show affection for Chase in front of them.

"You're eating?" a deep voice asked.

I jumped in my seat and turned around, startled as I was caught in my thoughts. I faced Chase and he leaned on the counter next to me looking at my food. He took a slice of apple from the plate an dipped it in the peanut butter.

"Yeah," I said casually, trying to play off the fact that I was thinking about him. My body became tense when he reached over for another apple slice. Things were different now. It was... Weird.

He smiled at me as he bit into his apple. "I'm glad." I grabbed a slice for myself and continued eating silently. We both ate in the awkward silence and waited for more of the guys to come down.

Wesley was the first. Then Ethan. Then Keaton. Then William. Then Oliver and Logan together. William came right over to Chase and sat on his lap. I had cut up another apple since we had finished the first one, and William took a piece.

All the guys sat at the dining room table and began talking about random stuff. Chase tickled William while he squirmed in his lap. I just quietly watched and ate.

"So guys, we were thinking that we would all go down to the lake on Saturday," Wesley suggested. The other guys nodded but I could see Chase tense up next to me.

He stopped tickling William and just sat there staring at the counter. "What do you think Chase?" Ethan asked.

He didn't say anything. He just looked straight ahead. Then he nodded. "Yeah, that's good," he finally said.

What was his deal? Why did they clear it with him? He lifted William up as he got up from his seat. He placed William back on the seat and he walked upstairs.

I looked at Ethan who looked at Wesley and they motioned to the other room. I got up with my plate of food and went with them. I sat down on the cozy red couch and Ethan closed the door behind him as he walked in. Wesley sat next to me and Ethan took the ottoman. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

"What's up with Chase? Why did he get all weird when you mentioned the lake?" I sat with my legs crossed.

"It's not the lake that bothered him," Wesley said.

"It's Saturday," Ethan finished.

"Okay what's Saturday?" I asked.