Chapter 41

Hey everybody!!! This is the last chapter!!! Omg! I can't believe it. Please enjoy and let me know what you think. I will post the epilogue at some point next week.

Chapter 41

After Danny had left, the whole family went to the movie theater to see a movie. We went to see Pixels. William and Oliver picked it. It was the one with Adam Sandler in it and all the games start to come to life. It was pretty funny. Usually I wouldn't go for a movie like that, although I do like comedies. Chase and I sat next to each other and we did hold hands during the movie. I was glad.

It had been about halfway through the movie when he made the first move. I had my hand next to my side. I wanted him to hold it. I had been hoping through the whole beginning of the movie. And then he did it. He slowly moved his hand towards mine. I had been so wrapped up in my thoughts that I hadn't even noticed he was moving towards me. The minute our hands touched I felt warmth run through my body and I instantly felt the world wash away. His hand was so much bigger than mine. It made me feel safe with him. I felt protected. All I could see was his hand on mine. The movie was gone. The Johnson family was gone. The rest of the people in the theater were gone. There was no one. It was just us.

I looked up at him and into his eyes. He was looking at me. His bright blue eyes shined in the dark room. I couldn't suppress the smile that was forming at the corners of my lips. He smiled back at me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

When we got back home after the movie, Chase walked me upstairs to my room. I leaned against the door behind me as he held my hands. "I had a good time tonight," I said.

He smiled down at me and nodded. "I did too." I looked around being shy. I wanted to ask him to stay in my room again, but I didn't know how. "What?" he asked, noticing my facial expression. My cheeks felt warm and I wouldn't look at him.

"Uh," I started. I didn't know how to ask. "Would you maybe want to," I paused, "stay in my room again tonight?" I asked.

He laughed and his head dropped as he shook his head. His light brown curls swayed around on his head. "I would love to, but we can't do that. Now that my parents know we couldn't possibly do that stuff. They would be so mad," he said while laughing.

I gave him a pouty face and placed my hands on his chest, trying to be as seductive as I could be while wearing my Winnie the Pooh sweatshirt. "Please," I whined slowly.

"I can't," he said wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him so I was right up against his chest. "I have the championship game tomorrow and I can't be up late or anything anyways," he said. His hands moved to my cheeks and he held my face in his hands. "I don't want to wake you up tomorrow either. I'm going to be gone early in the morning."

I rested my head on his chest and groaned. "Fine," I said and turned around to open my door.

"Hey," he said turning me back around. "I was actually wondering if you wanted to go to my game." I just looked at him. I didn't know. "It would mean a lot and I really want you to be there."

I took a deep breath. "I don't know," I shook my head.

"What's wrong?" he asked. "Why don't you want to come?" He closed his eyes and let go of me for a second. "Is it because you're embarrassed? Do you think I'm not going to impress you?"

My eyes got wide and I shook my head. "No, no, no. Of course not. You already impressed me at the other game I went to." He smiled at me and pulled me closer again. "It's because I still don't know if seeing Jared is a great idea and he will most likely be there, right?"