Chapter 3

Me and Chase walked upstairs with Lydia and William follwoing us. I assumed it was time for William to go to bed. I walked into my room and Chase stayed at the door. I sat on my bed and watched as he looked around the room. He interupted the silence as he remembered what happened downstairs, "Sorry if Wesley mentally scarred you." We both kind of laughed at that.

"No it's fine," I said. I reached into my backpack and found my phone. I pluged the charger into the wall and started to charge my phone. I needed to call Kristen and Bella to let them know I was here safely. And Jason. I needed to call Jason too. Man I missed them.

Chase could tell that our conversation was over and it was kind of awkward, him just standing there. "If you need anything let me know." He smiled at me and closed the door. I could hear his foot steps going down the hall and him closing his door. The only sound left was William refusing to go to sleep.

I heard a quiet knock on my door. I got up and opened it, to find Lydia standing on the other side holding William in her arms. She gave me a crooked smile and politely asked, "If you don't mind, William would like you to read to him. Would you like to?"

I smiled back at her and stepped out of my room, "Sure." I walked with them to Williams room. His room was suprisingly clean. It was like someone had just cleaned it. There was blue and green checkered carpet, a huge stuffed dog, and a bucket of toys on the floor. His bed had a bike and airplane patterened comforter, and blue sheets. He had a small teddy bear waiting for him on his bed. He ran to it and pulled it into his arms. There was a white book shelf up against the wall closest to me. Lydia walked up to it and took a book off of the shelf. She handed it to me. The Little Dinosaur.

Lydia walked over to William and tucked him in. She kissed him on the forehead and he giggled. She smiled at me and then walked out of the room. I walked up to William's bed and sat on the edge of it. I opened the book and started to read. "There was once a little dinosaur. This dinosaur wanted to be a big dinosaur." Wow, this was interesting to him. I didn't question it and continued. "The dinosaur was teased by his friends. They were all bigger than him and they made fun of him. The little dinosaur couldn't help it if he was small." I looked up from the book and William's eyes were closed. I closed the book and his eyes shot open. I backed up a little bit and, to be honest, kind of freaked out. I opened the book again and continued reading.

Once I finished the book I slowly and quietly got off of his bed and walked to the door. I met Chase in the hallway. He was entering his own room. "So, you got stuck with reading to the little kid," he smiled at me.

"Yes. He made me finish the book. I thought he was asleep so I closed it and he made me keep reading." I walked to my room exhausted and completely tired for some weird reason. It must be because of the time change, I guess.

I sat on my bed and picked up my phone. I dialed 3 and pressed call. I had Kristen on speed dial and I'm sure Bella was still with her. The phone rang twice and then Kristen answered, "Hello? Ellie?"

"Hey, is Bella there?" I asked.

"Yeah let me put you on speaker." There was a beep and then I could hear both of them.

"Ellie, how was the plane ride?" asked Bella.

"It was okay. It was really boring though." I said.

"Yeah? Who are you staying with?" Kristen asked.

"One of my moms friends, Lydia. Oh and you'll never believe it. She has a son our age." I heard them scream on the other line. I started laughing and then there was a knock on the door. "Hang on a minute," I said to Bella and Kristen. I put the phone on my bed and went to the door. I opened it and one of the boys was standing on the other side. He was only a little bit shorter than me and that's how I remembered who he was. Keaton. "Hi," I said.