Chapter 7

When I woke up I was still laying in my bed, but something was different. Chase was gone, again. Ugh, what is with this guy? Can't stay in one place for five minutes? I pulled myself off of my bed and slowly walked to the door. When I opened it I heard foot steps coming up the stairs. When they got closer I could see the top of the guys head, with his wavy, brown hair.

"Hey," Chase was surprised to see me up and out of bed. He walked towards me, "I was just coming to see if you were up." I shrugged and smiled as if to say, I'm up. "Are you hungry?" he asked.

I was a little hungry. I nodded my head. "Can you talk?" I shook my head. Chase laughed and started walking back towards the stairs.

We walked into the kitchen and I sat down on a stool at the counter. I rested my head in my hands as my elbows rested on the counter. Chase opened the refrigerator and looked inside. He looked back at me and asked, "What do you want?" When I didn't respond he said, "Oh yeah, you're not talking." I giggled a little bit, but quickly covered my mouth with my hand. Chase turned back to the refrigerator and looked around. After searching for a few minutes, he smiled as if he remembered something. He closed the refrigerator and opened the freezer. He took out a tub of ice cream and took two spoons out of a drawer that was close by.

I smiled as I saw that it was chocolate chip cookie dough. Chase walked over to me and put the tub on the counter. He handed me a spoon and opened the ice cream. "You don't mind sharing, right?"

I shook my head. Chase and I ate the ice cream, talking about things at my old school and things here. He told me about some of his friends and what he liked to do. I learned that he was a runner and played football with Ethan. He talked about one of his friends, Devin, a lot. I guess they were really close friends. Devin played on the football team and also played soccer. Everything just came freely with him. I felt like I could really talk to him with out holding back. The more I talked to him the more I was reminded of Jason and the way we used to talk. The more we talked, the more I was reminded of home. As the conversation grew, I got quieter and I let Chase do most of the talking. I think he noticed though because he abruptly changed the subject to something I was dreading.

We talked more about the situation that was occurring right now. Chase assurred me that nothing like that was ever going to happen again because he would be there along with all the rest of the boys to help me out. And by help me out, he meant take care of the guy who dares to hurt me.

When we were finished with our ice cream, Chase ushered me up the stairs. He had one hand over my eyes and the other on my back guiding me so I wouldn't fall. I almost tripped on the last step but he kind of caught me. He grabbed my arm enough so I didn't fall.

He opened the door for me when we got to my room, while still covering my eyes. He closed it behind us and that's when I started to get scared. What are we doing?

He took his hands away from my eyes and said, "You can look now." When I opened my eyes, I saw two cups on my bed with string attached to the ends of them. I smiled as I realized that these were cup phones. I looked at Chase and smiled. "Did you do this?" I asked.

"I was downstairs with you the whole time." He smiled back with his pearly white teeth and gestured for me to go over to them. I walked over to my bed and sat down.

When I picked them up I was surprised. Chase told me to talk but I was confused. Why? No one was there. "Hello?"

There was a pause. I looked at Chase who was still smiling. Then I heard a faint voice that got louder as he kept going. "Hi, how are you?" The minute I heard the squeaky little voice I knew who it was.

"Hi William. I'm doing better, thank you for asking. Did you make these?" I asked him.

"Well, yes, with a little bit of help though." I smiled as I listened to him talk.

"From who?" I asked. It wasn't Chase so it had to be one of the bo-

"HI," someone screamed through the phone.

Then another voice. "Keaton, shut up. You'll break our ear drums."

So the person who screamed was Keaton, the little tiny voice was William, and then there was someone else. I looked back up to see if Chase had any idea but he was gone. I looked around the room and there was no sign of him. When did he leave? I asked myself.

"Hey Ellie," said another voice that I knew belonged to Chase. "Were you looking for me?" he asked.

"Of course not," I teased. "So, why did you guys make these for me?" I asked.

"We thought they would cheer you up," said the unfamiliar voice. By now I could figure out that it was Ethan because it was soft and sweet but still masculine. "Do you like them?" he asked.

"Yes, I love them!" I shreiked happily.

Hey everyone, I know this chapter is really short but I'm going through a writer's block right now. I hope to make the story more interesting later on but for right now this is the shortest chapter in this story. Thank you for reading and comment and vote. Thank you!