Chapter 11

I followed Lydia up the stairs and we went to my room. We sat on my bed and faced each other.

"Ellie," she started. "First I just want to say once again you can come to me for anything."

I nodded to show her I understood. "Okay. Now if you are thinking of playing sports at the high school we will have to get you to the doctors for a physical. Even if you don't play sports we still need to find you a doctor just in case something does happen. I am going to sign you up at the doctors office that the older boys go to." She paused to make sure she wasn't overwhelming me with information. "Is that alright with you?"

I looked back up at her and smiled. "Of course. Thank you for doing this." She leaned forward to hug me and I met her in the middle.

When we separated she grabbed my hand. "There's something else we need to discuss." I nodded at her urging her to continue.

"Well, the other day you were in your room a lot." I dropped my head as I remembered that day. The day I found out about Jason. He has called me so many times since and I just didn't answer. I didn't want to talk to him ever again. "Chase told me what happened."

My head shot up in shock. "He told? Now they all know I bet." I covered my face with my hands. That's so embarrassing.

"No no one else knows. Chase told me and that's it," she said. "I asked him what had happened. He did the right thing telling me. I can help you. We all can."

I dropped my hands from my face and smiled at her. "Thank you but it's fine now, really."

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asked.

I wanted to be strong and say yes, but it hurt a lot. But she didn't need to worry about my problems. "Yes I'm fine."

She nodded not wanting to push it. "I hate to still be on the topic of boys but this next one is very important."

"Uh oh," I said. "Is this the talk? I already know all of that stuff."

She laughed. "No this isn't the talk. It's about my boys." She paused. "I understand that you are a teenage girl and you like boys. You are now living with eight of them. I am saying this with caution and it could change if anything happens." She took a break and breathed. "If you were attracted to one of my boys then I would be okay with you guys dating."

My eyes got wide and I laughed a little bit. "Um."

"I know it feels awkward now but if you ever do develop feelings for any of them it's okay. There will be some rules but we can talk about that later. You can tell me or anyone and it would be okay if things worked out between you two."

She looked at me with a smile and I smiled back. I didn't know what to think. I hadn't thought about these boys like that. "Well you don't have to worry about that now. I met someone the other day and we went out for coffee this morning." I couldn't help the smile that erupted onto my face.

"Oh did you?" She asked jokingly. "What's his name?"

"Uh, Jared. I don't know his last name but he's friends with Keaton."

"Oh," she smiled. "Does he skateboard?" I nodded. "That's how Keaton knows someone so much older." She laughed.

"Yeah." I smiled thinking about him kissing my cheek this morning. He was so nice and sweet.

"Well maybe you could invite him over for dinner sometime," Lydia suggested.

I thought about Chase's reaction when I told him about Jared. "Uh yeah sure, sometime."

"Okay well that's all I wanted to talk about. If there's anything you can always come to me." She stood up and walked towards the door.

"Thank you." I smiled at her as she left and she turned around and smiled back.

Inviting Jared over for dinner? I don't know if that's such a good idea. Chase hates him and so does Ethan. It seems like the boys all have a lot in common. Keaton still hangs out with him though. He must not hate him. At least not that much.

Speaking of Keaton, he strutted down the hallway and stood in front of my room. "Can I come in?"

I laughed at him. He's such a weirdo. "Get in here."

He came and sat on my bed across from me. "So I'm guessing you and Chase are all good now."

I totally forgot about our fight. But I guess he's suffered enough. And it was pretty funny to watch. I nodded. "Yeah we're good."

Keaton nodded. "Good. So you're date with Jared?" He looked disgusted and shivered like it was horrifying.

I picked up a pillow and hit him with it. "You're ridiculous. He's not a bad person, I don't know why you guys think he is."

"He's just had a lot of girlfriends and girl friends," he said emphasizing on the 'girl friends.'

I shook my head. "You can't judge him because of that."

"You're right but you can judge him when those girls were only around for a day." Keaton paused. "He uses girls. Ellie, we just don't want you to get hurt."

"Don't say that." Part of me was worried. What if it happened again? What if another guy cheated?

Keaton could tell that this made me upset. "Sorry I shouldn't have said that. We're all just trying to look out for you, but no matter what decision you make I'll support you. We all will."

Keaton was a sweetheart, but that didn't mean the other boys were I didn't think Chase would support me. Maybe Ethan but definitely not Chase.

"Are you excited for school? It starts in two days." He smiled at me.

"What?" I was not ready to start at a new school.

"Yeah, I'm sure one of the guys can go with you tomorrow if you want. They can show you around so you can see your classes." I nodded at him.

"Com on, let's go ask Ethan." We walked out of my room and walked down the hallway a little bit until we got to the stairs. I just realized that I hadn't been upstairs yet. I followed Keaton up stairs.

It looked the same as the second floor. There were bedrooms and bathrooms up here and on the bedrooms the boys had their names written in different colored crayons. We walked to the end of the hallway and found Ethan's room. The door was closed and there was music playing really loudly.

Keaton knocked and then walked in. When the door opened Ethan was standing in his room by his closet shirtless and in his boxers. My eyes got wide and then I started laughing. He turned around to face us and then yelled at Keaton. He grabbed his sweatpants and pulled them on.

"Dude it's not that big of a deal. Calm down." Ethan kind of nervously laughed.

"You could have knocked," he said gesturing to the door.

"We did." Keaton looked at me remembering what we were doing here. "Anyway, we were wondering if you would bring Ellie to the school tomorrow and show her around."

He looked around the room for his phone. He pulled on the blankets on his bed and moved stuff around on his desk. His room was pretty messy. There were clothes on the floor and random stuff all over the place. As he was looking I looked around at all of the stuff in his room. He had tons of trophies on shelves on the walls. He had jerseys hanging up.

"Here it is," he said as he pulled his phone out from under his bed." He pressed buttons and did some stuff for a minute. "Me and Chase have football practice at two but we can go before that. I can ask Mom to pick you up."

I nodded. "Okay thank you." Me and Keaton stood up and left the room.

We walked back downstairs and I walked to my room. I closed the door behind me and unplugged my phone from it's charger. I went through my contacts and found Kristen's name. We had a lot to talk about.