Chapter 40

Chapter 40:

I rolled over and felt bare skin underneath my cheek and hand. My eyes shot open and I sat up. Laying next to me was a shirtless Chase smiling at me. "What are you doing here?" I asked gliding my fingers through my hair. I'm sure I looked very unattractive.

"Well good morning to you too," he said with a laugh. I sat back next to him. "Remember how you asked me to stay with you last night?" I nodded. "And I said no?" I nodded again. "Well after I went back to my room I changed-"

"Doesn't look like you changed much," I said gesturing to his bare chest.

"Are you complaining?" he asked with a smirk.

I shook my head as I examine his abs. "No, not at all." I shot him a smirk back.

He threw his head back and laughed. "Well, anyway, I got changed and then I layed in bed for a while, but I wanted to be next to you. So I got out of bed and came back. When I opened your door you were already asleep. I figured, since you asked me to stay, you wouldn't mind if I just got in bed, so I did," he said gesturing to us laying in my bed together.

"Well, I'm glad you came back," I said while leaning against his chest again. I could tell he was smiling. But there was an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. "Do you want to go downstairs and get something to eat?" I asked.

He nodded, but I think he could tell something was off. I smiled at him, trying to seem more reassuring and got out of bed, with him following me.

I opened the door and when we both stepped out of my room, so did Keaton. He turned to look at us both leaving my room and his eyes went wide and he raised his eyebrows as he smirked. He crossed his arms in front of his chest. "What happened to you two last night?" he asked. I had forgotten that he also saw us cuddling on the couch last night.

"Nothing," Chase and I said in unison.

"Mhm," Keaton said as he walked down the stairs. I looked at Chase and he was looking back at me. He shrugged and we followed Keaton into the kitchen.

"So, how was the dance?" I asked as I sat down on a stool at the counter and the guys started to get food.

"It was a lot of fun. Thanks, by the way," he said with a smile. "I don't think I said it yesterday, but you guys really helped me so thank you."

Chase ruffled his hair and I smiled at him. "So tell us about it," I prodded.

"We danced and," he paused, "I don't know. It was just a lot of fun." I smiled again. It was cute to hear him talk about it. "And Ary looked amazing, but to be honest, I like her more when she's at the skate park in a tshirt and jeans," he said while smiling.

"She was worried you would like her better the way she was dressed last night. You should tell her that you like her without the dresses and stuff. It'll make her really happy," I suggested.

He nodded. Chase slid a bowl of cereal over to me and took a seat next to me. Keaton took his granola bar and apple upstairs and went back to his room.

Chase and I ate quietly for a while, but that feeling came back soon. What was this? "Chase?" I said.

"Yeah," he said looking down at me.

"What are we?" I found myself asking and he kind of laughed. "Seriously." I paused. "Chase, I really like you and I want to be more than friends. I mean we've been getting there but-"

"I really like you and I want to be more than friends too," he said sitting up. I sat across from him with my hands in my lap. "It won't be easy to be in a relationship, considering we live together and everything we've both been through," he paused and took my hands in his. "But, I would really like to try to make us happen."