Chapter 37

Chapter 37

When Saturday came around, we each packed a bag with a few things that we would need for the lake. I packed an extra change of clothes, just in case I would need them, and my phone and charger. Lydia was packing the food.

I walked out of my room and met Wesley in the hall. "Hey, Ellie, I was looking for you," he said.

"Well, here I am," I said looking at him. "What's up?"

"Uh, so you know how you said I could come talk to you if I needed some help," he said. I nodded slowly. "I want to tell everyone today at the lake, but I don't know how."

"Aw, Wesley," I said jumping. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. "Yay, I'm so happy. Everything will be perfectly fine," I said reassuringly.

He nodded while laughing. "Yeah, but I don't know how I should tell them or when," he said.

"Do you know what you want to say?" I asked.

"Kind of, I know what I want to tell them I just want to make sure I get it all right," he said nervously.

"Wesley, it'll be perfectly fine. I can help if you want," I suggested. "I can get them all together and tell them that their is something you want to tell them, or talk about or something like that."

He nodded slowly. "Would you really?"

"Of course Wesley, I'd do anything to help you tell them. I think it's great that you want to let them know who you really are," I said.

He smiled. "Thanks." We walked downstairs with our bags and met the rest of the boys in the hall by the door. They were getting ready to leave.

"Ellie, do you have everything you want?" Lydia asked. I nodded. "Okay the older kids can go with Chase and Keaton, Logan, Oliver, and William can ride with me and Jeff.

"I'm an older kid," Keaton whined.

Lydia nodded her head. "Yes, you are, but it will be too crowded in the car if there are three in the back," Lydia said.

"Sorry bud," Ethan said and ruffled Keaton's hair. Keaton swatted at his hand and fixed his hair. I giggled at them as I followed the guys out to the car. Drew had left the same day Kristen and Bella did. He knew it was a rough time for Chase and he wanted to be there, but he had to go back to school.

I got in the back seat with Wesley and Chase and Ethan got the front. Ethan offered to drive, but Chase said he wanted to. It was probably a way to distract himself.

It was a pretty long drive. Four hours. On the way there, the guys talked about Brandy. Wesley whispered to me, "They always do this when we come to the lake," when they started telling stories.

"Brandy and I used to ride in the back seat together when we went before the younger guys were born," Chase said.

"I remember you would never let me or Drew sit next to her," Ethan chimed in. "If three people had to sit in the back you always sat in the middle so you were the only one who got to sit next to her."

I saw Chase smile in the rearview mirror. It was different than his usual smile. He looked happy, but you could also see the pained expression on his face. "What was Brandy like?" I asked.

Ethan looked at Chase who just had a smile on his face. "She was," Ethan started.

"Amazing," Chase finished.

Ethan nodded. "She was pretty amazing. She was always happy. She was always trying to make people laugh and she was just so silly and fun all the time. I had never met anyone like her before," Ethan said.