Chapter 22

Recap of Chapter 21

In the previous chapter there was some language that was used that might have been seen as inappropriate to some people. I told you all that I would do a recap of that chapter for anyone who decide to skip it.

In chapter 21 Ellie called her friend Kristen on the phone. They both talked about the situation with Jared and what to do about it. They came to the concluding idea that Ellie would tease him by dressing very nicely the next day at school. And by nicely I mean revealing. They both got off the phone and Ellie went to talk to Keaton. On the way to his room she saw Chase reading a bed time story to William and realized how sweet he was to his little brother. When Ellie went to Keaton's room she talked with him about the plan for the next day and he seemed distant. She asked him if he was okay and he said he was just tired. Ellie asked him about his friendship with Jared and she found out that Keaton didn't know the real reason why the older guys hate Jared so much. Ellie eventually leaves Keaton's room and on the way back to hers she runs into Chase. Things are a bit awkward between them since the dinner incident. There is some flirting between them and it's just playful but by the end Chase apologizes for his behavior the night of the dinner and he also tells Ellie that he saw her looking at him while he was talking to those girls at the movie theater. He reassured her that he wasn't interested in them.

That's all for the recap but please enjoy this next chapter.

Chapter 22

I got out of bed a little earlier than I usually got up. I had to make sure I looked stunning today. I picked up the outfit I had laid out last night. It wasn't anything special, but it would definitely be something special for Jared. It was short high waisted shorts and a crop top. I had a red checkered flannel over my black crop top. I wore my white converse and went into the bathroom to do my hair and make up.

I put on mascara and eye liner that made my eyes look more vibrant than usual. I don't really wear make up often so it was different. A good different. I curled my hair quickly and pulled it into a high pony tail. I had to admit I looked pretty good.

I went downstairs and some of the guys were sitting at the table eating breakfast. I walked down the stairs with my flannel tied around my waist and as I walked by the guys they all stopped and stared.

I turned around after getting the milk out of the fridge and saw the guys looking. "It's not polite to stare," I joked.

I took a bowl out and filled it with cereal. I looked up at the perfect time to see Chase gulp, either from eating or from seeing me looking like this. "Don't you think those shorts are kind of... short?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes. The problem with living with guys. "Stop being so over protective," I said to them. "It's all apart of the plan. I'm teasing Jared today at school. I'm going to dress like this and tease him by not letting him touch me or anything. He'll want to, I mean I look pretty good." I flipped my hair over my shoulder and continued to walk towards the table with my bowl of cereal.

"What if he tries something and you can't stop him?" Ethan asked.

I hadn't really thought about that. "At lunch I'm going to go to my locker and hopefully he will be waiting there. Can you guys also wait there just to keep an eye on everything?" I looked from Chase to Ethan.

They both nodded. "Of course," Ethan said gladly.

"I just want to see him get angry and annoyed and jealous and not get what he wants," Chase said standing up from the table and walking to the kitchen to put his bowl away. "But if he does try anything, I can't guarantee that I won't be tempted to beat him up."