Chapter 38

Hey everyone. This book is almost at its end. There are only going to be four more chapters, including this one and this one is really short. I don't think I'm going to be making a sequel that follows Chase's life or anything. I don't think I would have enough inspiration to write one of those and I've been very busy and I'll only get busier. Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter and please let me know what you think of the chapter or the book in general. I love hearing from my readers so please don't be shy:)

Chapter 38

When we all got back from the lake it was pretty late. Chase drove the older kids home again. I let Keaton ride with the guys and I rode with the younger boys. I sat across from William and he fell asleep the minute he got in the car. Logan and Oliver started messing with me once we got onto the highway. They started pulling my hair and poking me. Logan kept burping in my right ear and Oliver was screaming in my left. I was surprised William was able to sleep through the whole thing.

The next day was pretty quiet in the morning. I slept in, which was great and I was able to relax the rest of the morning. After lunch Keaton wanted to go to the skate park, though and the rest of the guys were out of the house. I didn't mind going along. I just didn't want to see Jared. Neither of us did.

Since I didn't want to run in to him, especially not by myself, I called Paige and asked if she wanted to come. She said yes being the nice friend that she is and said she'd meet us there.

As Keaton and I walked down the sidewalk we were both quiet. I don't think either of us knew what to say. It was nice just enjoying the silence, but it seemed like it was awkward.

"So, Ary. Is she your girlfriend yet?" I asked breaking the silence.

He put his head down and started laughing. "No." He kept walking and kicked pebbles on the sidewalk.

"Keaton, what's wrong?" I asked. He seemed upset.

"I want to ask to this dance on Wednesday, but I don't know how," he blurted out.

"Aw, Keaton I'll help if you want." He nodded saying that he wanted help. "If it helps, I think she really likes you. It's pretty obvious. You should just ask her. I'm sure she'll say yes."

He looked at me to see if I was serious and I smiled at him. "Okay, I'll ask. But what do I say?"

"Just say," and I started talking in a deeper voice, "Hey, there's a dance coming up on Wednesday and I was wondering if you wanted to go."

That made him laugh. "Okay, but I don't sound like that."

"Hey, don't hate. That's the best man voice I can do," I said defending my manliness.

When we got there, Keaton ran over to his friends and I took my usual spot supervising while I waited for Paige. Jared wasn't anywhere to be seen, so that was good. After about five minutes of waiting, Paige showed up. She came over and sat next to me.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey, what's up?" she asked.

"Keaton is gonna ask a girl to the dance," I said happily. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I was just so excited. "It's that girl over there," I said pointing towards Ary who was standing next to Keaton.

"Yay," Paige cheered. "So, I haven't heard you talk about Chase in a while. Are you two good?" she asked.

"Yeah," I said while nodding. "We're good. I really like him and I actually want to date him, is that bad. I mean he's kind of like a brother now."

"No he's not. He's like a mix between a roommate and a neighbor in an apartment building," Paige offered trying to make me feel better about the whole situation.

"Exactly," I joked. "I think I'm going to try to talk to him about us soon." Paige nodded. "How are you and Ethan?"

"Fantastic," Paige beamed. "I'm so glad you asked. He's so perfect and amazing and I think I love him," she said shyly towards the end.

"What?! Love?!" I said over dramatically.

"Shh," she said placing a finger to her lips. "The whole world doesn't need to know. I haven't said anything yet, because I'm scared if I say anything I might scare him off. I don't want to ruin what we have."

"I think you should tell him, but do it when you're ready. He's a great guy and I think he loves you too. He's always so happy when he comes home from being with you." Paige smiled at me. "I think you should tell him when you're ready."

Paige nodded then looked up and motioned to someone walking towards us. It was Ary. "Hey, Ary, what's up?" Things between her and I had gotten so much better. That first day she really hated me.

"Uh, Keaton just asked me to the dance on Wednesday," she said. I clapped my hands. "This is really hard for me to say considering I don't necessarily like you, but you are kind of the only girl I would ever go to or admit that I need help to, so could you maybe help me get ready for the dance on Wednesday?" She looked embarrassed that she had to ask for help. "I'm not very good at the whole dressing up thing."

I pressed my hands over my heart. "Ary, I'd love to help you."

She gave me a disgusted look. "Don't act so loving and caring, okay, it's just a little help."

I nodded. "Sorry. Can Paige help too?" I asked pointing to Paige who was sitting next to me.

"Sure, whatever," was all Ary said before she skated away.

"Someone's nice," Paige said with a nervous look.

I laughed at her and shook my head. "You don't even know the half of it."