Chapter 34

Chapter 34

I checked my hair in the mirror as I dried my hands on the towel hanging by the sink. I tightened my ponytail and walked out of the bathroom only to bump into a hard chest. I backed up and looked at who I had just run into as I apologized. "Sorry," I said as I regained my composure and realized it was Chase.

He gave a low chuckle and then shook his head. "It's alright. It's my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going," he said as he slid his phone into his back pocket. "Where are Bella and Kristen?"

"They are downstairs hanging out with William, Wesley, and Keaton." I looked around to see if anyone else was around. "Between me and you, I think he likes Kristen," I said as a joke, although it could be true.

He laughed at my childishness and then joined in. "I know. He always stares at her and smiles when she walks into the room."

"Like you do when I'm around," I said just adding in another joke. Chase stopped talking though and he became speechless. "I was just joking," I said trying to clear the awkwardness. He laughed it off, but I could tell he was paranoid about it now. I had noticed that he always seemed to be watching me.

"Have you eaten yet?" he asked. "We could all go out and get something to eat if you wanted," he said scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah, that'd be nice," I said. "Thanks. I'll just go get them and they'll probably need to get ready so it should be like ten minutes."

He smiled and nodded. "Just come get me when you're ready," he said as he started to walk back to his room.

I smiled to myself as he walked away. I leaned back against the wall like they do in the movies when the popular guy finally talks to the shy girl, aka his soul mate.

I laughed to myself as I walked downstairs and went back into the living room to find Bella and Kristen again. They were sitting on the floor building something with plastic blocks that William had. Keaton was watching from the couch with a huge smile on his face. I went over to sit next to him and when he saw me coming he acted like he wasn't staring at Kristen. I raised an eyebrow at him and he just looked away.

"Where's Wesley?" I asked looking around. He was here before I went upstairs.

Keaton took out his phone, occupying himself as he said, "His friend came and they left a few minutes ago."

I nodded. "Chase was wondering if you guys wanted to go out to lunch," I said to Bella and Kristen.

They both looked up simultaneously and started to say, "Ooh," but I shot them a shut-up look and motioned to Keaton who was now playing a game on his phone.

They both nodded and smiled devilishly. "Yeah sure, when?" Bella asked.

"Now," I replied.

"Now?" Kristen asked shocked. "I'm not ready," she said getting up off the floor and running up the stairs to my room to get ready. Bella and I laughed at her and then Bella got up walking towards the stairs to get ready as well, but leaving less dramatically.

"Can I come?" Keaton asked.

"Sorry," I said ruffling his hair. "You weren't invited," I joked. He glared at me. "Of course you can come."

Just then, Lydia walked in and went to the kitchen. "Where are you all going?" she asked.

"Chase is taking us out for lunch," Keaton said happily.

"You can't go Keaton," she said crushing all his hopes. "Someone has to stay here and watch William. I have an appointment downtown so I will be leaving soon and Ethan is out with Paige. Wesley already left and no one else will be home besides you."