𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

The following morning you're awoken by loud knocks on the door of your room.

"Who is it?" you ask groggily before rolling to your other side and pulling the covers up over your head.

"It's meee," Gojo's voice sings to you. "Time to get up. You have your first job today."

"You gotta wait," you say as you dig yourself deeper under the covers. "I'm too tired and it's too early for your bullshit."

"Don't make me come in there," he hums.

"Fine," you groan as you attempt to pull yourself out of your covers. "I'll get dressed. You better not come in."

"Wouldn't dream of it," he feigns innocence.

You roll your eyes at his tone and step out of bed. That's when you hear him clear his throat and call out to you again.

"I'll wait for you outside," he says in a more mature voice. "But take your time."

Your ears perk up at his mannerisms. You think that perhaps there is a reasonable adult inside him so maybe you're not completely in bad hands.

When you're ready, you leave your room and walk out of the dorm building. There you find Gojo waiting patiently for you as he sits on a bench with one leg crossed over the other.

"Where's everybody else?" you ask as you look around for the other students.

"They're training again today," he answers calmly. "They don't need my help right now."

"Shouldn't I be with them?" you continue to ask with growing confusion.

"Even though you're a student," Gojo begins as he stands up, "you're still my weapon- Ah, wait... weapon is too harsh of a word... I think I like assistant better, let's go with that," he says with a grin.

"Wait a minute," you say skeptically as you cross your arms. "I'm not going to just run chores for you all day."

"Okay," he thinks aloud before gasping excitedly. "Think of this as an assessment of your skills then! Just as I am your teacher, I should be the one assessing you, no?"

That's complete bullshit.

"Whatever," you sigh. "Can we go?"

"Of course," he says before nodding and walking towards the entrance of the school.

The two of you then hop in a car driven by a man who introduces himself as Ijichi. You sit patiently in the car for awhile until it pulls up at a strange-looking abandoned building. There, in front of the building, stands another tall man with blonde hair, sunglasses, and a suit.

"Thanks for the ride," you smile at Ijichi as you step out of the car.

When you look up to find Gojo, you see him skipping up to the other man. He waves and smiles like a child surrounded by candy. As you approach the two of them, Gojo somehow smiles even wider.

"Nanami," he coos, "this is my new assistant..."

"Oh my god, did you forget my name?!" you deadpan. "You can't be serious."

"Haha, sorry darling. I'm not so good with names," he tries to cover himself.

You ignore Gojo and bow slightly to the man you now know as Nanami. "I'm Y/N," you tell him, "It's nice to meet you."

"You as well," he replies. "I am Nanami Kento." He then looks over at Gojo. "So, why exactly did you bring Y/N here?"

"She's my student!" Gojo exclaims.

Nanami looks back at you with a confused look and quickly scans your face. "She doesn't look like a high school kid to me."

"I mean to say that she's both my student and my assistant," Gojo corrects himself.

Once again Nanami looks confused. He gives Gojo a strange look until Gojo shakes his head and tells Nanami not to think too much about it. After that, he begins walking towards the abandoned building.

"You shouldn't have brought a new sorcerer to something like this!" Nanami shouts after him.

Shouldn't have brought me!? What exactly are we here to do?

"It's fine," Gojo tells him before stopping and turning around. You then see a smile on his face as he begins to light up while talking about you. "Y/N's got a super cool curse inside of her that she won't let me see without attacking me. Sooo, I thought that this would be a great way of trying it out!"

"Hey, uh, what's going on?" you ask worriedly to whoever will answer.

You and Nanami walk over to Gojo as you wait for either of them to respond. Gojo only pats your head with a small grin on his face. "Not to worry, Y/N. It's time to go inside."

The three of you walk into the building, you and Nanami lagging behind an excited-looking Gojo. It's pretty dark despite the fairly large windows hanging high up on the wall.

"When did you first meet Gojo?" Nanami quietly asks you.

"Yesterday," you admit, "but that's already too long."

"I can hear you, you know," Gojo whines. "That was hurtful."

Just then, you stop walking. The sound of silence consumes the awkward tension. "Are you kidding me?! You're the one who brought me here to do whatever you're supposed to be doing so that you don't have to do it!"

Before you can say anything else, Gojo appears almost instantly right in front of you. You jolt back reflexively as he slaps his hand over your mouth.

"Hey!" you mumble as you try to pull his hand off of you.

"Shh, be quiet for a second," Gojo says seriously.

You listen to him, concerned since he actually looks serious for once. Just then, you hear a strange noise. A huge, blue creature then leaps into the room. You can't help but be frightened at the sight of the thing.

"It's too late," Gojo sighs. "You already called it over."

Gojo then lets go of your mouth and spins you around to block himself from the creature. "Go kill the curse, sweetie," he whispers to you.

You narrow your eyes, the way he talks to you making you want to turn around and kill him instead. But you do as your told; shaking yourself out of his grasp and stomping up to the curse without any sort of gameplan.

"I hope you two know that I've got no idea what I'm doing!" you try to say sweetly, although it probably comes out more angry than anything else.

When you get somewhat close to the curse, you look up and take in its huge size. Woah, you think to yourself as you stand slack-jawed before it, that's got to be the biggest curse ever. S grade or whatever Gojo calls those things.

"Is this safe?" you hear Nanami quietly ask Gojo.

"Oh yeah, it's okay," Gojo says nonchalantly. "She'll be fine."