𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Today on your first day of teaching since you've passed your teaching certification, you're working with Gojo; he's having you watch what he does. Your group consisting of the two of you plus the three first years go on a mission in which Gojo actually sticks around much to the surprise of the entire group.

You end up inside some warehouse with three curses present. You and Megumi take one. Kugisaki and Yuuji take the second. Gojo takes the last. It's the lowest level curse there and he's basically just fucking around with the poor thing the whole time. That, or he calls your name and has you so inconveniently watch as he pulls some ridiculous move.

When you and Megumi have a solid block of time to work on defeating the curse in front of you, he summons his great serpent from the ground. The shikigami lifts the curse into the air and begins to squeeze the life out of it. Megumi jumps to kick the curse, but it disappears into thin air despite the tight hold of the snake.

As your partner lands back onto the ground, you spot the curse running away. You call Megumi to follow you as you chase after it. However, as you're running and keeping your eyes trained to the curse, Gojo shouts out your name.

For a moment your eyes foolishly look over at the man who's yelling your name.

"Watch!" he beams when he's got your attention.

You roll your eyes at how he attempts to impress you with his moves despite knowing that you're all too busy with what you've got going on. However, you have to admit to yourself it is kinda cute...

Either way, it's not helping anybody else get their work done.

"Shut the hell up!" you shout, and at just the same time Megumi does the same, thus allowing a loud laugh to erupt from Gojo's throat.

The two of you groan at his annoying antics, Megumi definitely louder than you, and continue to run after the curse that you've now lost track of.

After the five of you have defeated the three curses, you, Kugisaki, Megumi, and Yuuji all collapse together on the ground to catch your breath. Casually, Gojo walks over with his hands in his pockets as if he hasn't even broken a sweat.

"That's the last of them," he says in a tone of sheer boredom. "There's no more left hiding anywhere."

"Thank god," Kugisaki sighs. "I'm beat!"

"Me too," you nod.

Gojo smiles as he looks down at the four of you. He then quickly pulls out his phone. Without warning, he snaps a photo of the four of you sweaty and tired laying on the dirty ground.

"What the hell are you doing?" Megumi asks, not having it with Gojo's shit today.

"It's a family photo!" Gojo teases.

He then flips the camera around to take another photo with him in it. This time Kugisaki and Yuuji throw their arms around you and Megumi. Their grip is somehow so strong even though they're completely worn out, and the threat they whisper is enough to even get Megumi to let out some form of a smile.

"That's even better!" Gojo beams.

"You really could have picked a better time to take a group photo," you chuckle.

He nods, though now it doesn't really matter anymore, and holds out his hand to you. You take it and stand up, though the moment you do he wraps his arms around your waist and plants a soft kiss on your lips.

Poor, tired Megumi sighs as he stands up from the group on the floor. "You don't need to do that in front of us, you know..."

You and Gojo smile at him before you pull away and apologize. Gojo then wraps his arm around Megumi's shoulder and decides it's the perfect time to press the kid's buttons even further.

"Don't worry, kiddo. You'll find someone eventually."

Kugisaki stands up and joins in, patting Megumi on the back. "Don't be too jealous," she adds.

Megumi then squirms out of Gojo's grasp and mutters something about how it's time to leave. You watch as the three first years walk away, all the while Yuuji and Kugisaki teasing Megumi still. He's really not going to catch a break today.

Now that it's just you and Gojo alone, you look up at him and smile. "I'm so glad I decided to stay."

"Me, too," he hums. "I wouldn't want you to leave."

Gojo spins you to face him more directly and kisses you gently once more.

"I really am proud of you and everything you've accomplished up to now. It really was such a drag having to rescue you every five seconds..."

"I don't know whether to thank you or yell at you," you sigh.

"Thank me, definitely," he nods. "I am the greatest teacher for helping you achieve all that after all."

"Hmm, well thank you then," you smile, planting one last kiss on him.

Gojo grins, pleased with the outcome, and wraps his arm around your waist. Together, you then walk out of the warehouse to catch up with the first years patiently waiting outside.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃